PDA

View Full Version : ambit modem power problem

galaxian
06-09-2009, 11:54
ok just found this forum today wish i had found it earlier have had a problem with virgin last 6 months i ring up every week because my internet is intermittent finaly think i have found problem virgin supplied about the time this all started with the new ambit modem (they have since blamed everthing and renewed everything except the modem ) we have noticed this week that when the power cable is touched and i mean brushed against slight knock etc power goes off, On checking (dont know why i didnt before ) the power supply is the one that was on my old motorola modem all they changed was the modem, problem is ambit says on bottom 10volt power supply is 12volt
ok my question is, Is this happening to everyone when they have swapped modem ??? oh and the power cable doesnt fit properly hence the bad power problems (engineer coming today to swap all)

cheers
G

Kymmy
06-09-2009, 12:13
When any modem comes it should come in a box with a new PSU, But saying that the power is dropped internally to 5v so 10v shouldn;t be a problem, what though you might find is that the connector is slightly the wrong size hence the power off when you move it