PDA

View Full Version : Installation gone horribly wrong

Millay
04-09-2009, 14:46
I am not sure if this is the correct forum, as It encompasses all 3 of my virgin services.

Basically i have been a customer of virgins for many years, and had no problems.

My problems started when it was decided i needed a new cable pull from the box.

The day after this southern electricity cut through my cable, I reported this to Virgin and they said all fine as im having a new cable pull. The day of the cable pull came and went i stayed home all day no phone call no nothing Virgin CS said i had to wait in till 8 oclock at night as it was possible he could still turn up. he didnt so i called the next day and was told that he had been but he was unable to do anything as the road needed digging up. I was told to expect a call back nothing happened so i phoned them to be told they were awaiting permission from the council. They would call back and update me. Two days later I awoke to the noise of roadworks as they were digging up the pavement to run the new conduit. Fine then i heard nothing toing and throwing with CS I eventually got given a name and number in construction. nice helpful lad who apologised and said he was waiting on cobra to give the all clear that came through the same day and he booked me into have a new cable pulled on 10th September.

I have not been staying at my flat as my work requires phone and Internet so when i popped back a couple of days ago I was surprised to find a new loop of cable coming out the ground and into my garden, the problem being that it was not connected to the box on the wall.

I have spoken to CS they have told me that my broadband is working and i need to speak to technical support and that they can only refund me for phone and tv. They then cut me off.

I phoned back and the girl just said they are coming to pull a new cable on the 10 September they will then credit my account once it is up and running.
I could not communicate that the cable had already been run, when they come on the 10th are they gonna be able to terminate the cable or will i be waiting.

During this four week period they are still charging me. This is worrying.

All I want is to speak to someone who can explain to me what is happening and give me faith that my bill will be sorted and that my services will be restored.

JayJay
06-09-2009, 22:45
More than likely whats happened is the cable has been 'prepulled' for the guys to connect you up on the 10th. Its fairly common for that to happen down here for the cable to be prepulled for us so all we have to do is put the cable through the garden, connect up and be on our way.