PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded to 10MB, connection keeps going down AL4

Musicman
03-09-2009, 08:55
:mad::mad::mad:
I was upgraded to 10MB around 5 weeks ago, having been given a new modem about a month before, as we had a problem.

Since then my connection keeps dropping out for an unknown time, though it is greater than 1 hour. It usually comes up again later in the day. When it is down, the RDY light just keeps flashing.

I had an engineer scheduled to come tomorrow, but that was cancelled last week, by SMS text as there was a problem in my area and they diagnosed that was causing my problem, which I had been informed was due to a high power level, via the newsgroups.

We were away last week, and yet again today the connection is lost, I know it is only my connection, as my neighbours connection is working.

I am getting pretty annoyed at the unreliability of this network though I cannot say if it is to do with the 10MB upgrade or the new modem, all I know is it keeps going off.

I was unable to post to the newsgroups, so hopefully someone from there may be viewing this site and can help, I am in the AL4 area.