PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE help decipher mystery about 50MB

SteevieNiteHeat
02-09-2009, 16:42
Hi!
We are wanting to get 50mb, but have been told conflicting things (as usual) from virgin when we call up.
We have XL TV, phone & internet at the moment, we called up last night and they said it was £30 a month EXTRA, called up again earlier, and 1 agent said it was £80!!! a month, i told him he must be mistaken, but was insistant on the price, so my partner called up a few seconds ago and was told it would be an extra £11 a month WITH a £50 one-off charge, and when asked to justify this, we was told it was £30 for an engineer's visit, and £20 to replace the cable as it isnt capable of providing 50mb, i said this was nonesense as all that needs to be done is a modem swap and a free new router, but this was denied saying the cable needs to be replaced, and now we just dont know what to expect, so can someone PLEASE help by explaining the REAL information?

Thanks in advance all

chrispuk2004
02-09-2009, 16:47
Why do the idiot call centres feel the need to ********. Replace the cable? WTF!!!

I dont know what the actual price is but thats just so stupid about the cable replacement.

jaju123
02-09-2009, 17:25
As far as I know it is 30 pounds for installation and 20 pounds for activation. Mine will be installed on saturday =)
What I did is emailed twitter@virginmedia.com because I also had conflicting quotes. A kind man called MOD EDIT assisted me and gave me the right prices. He also then sorted everything out for me and the engineer is coming sat. I'd advise you to do this also.
Hope this helped!

chrome
02-09-2009, 17:28
i was thinking out 50meg, but there are so may people like you can't get a straight answer either price or install, is there anyone out there that can give any info on this, i have xl bb xl tv m phone and pic box and currently pay 52.00pm how much extra would i have to pay for the 50 mb:mad:

Matt-08
02-09-2009, 19:12
Conflicting things indeed.

I was once told a V+ was coming in the post. :dozey:

caph
02-09-2009, 20:01
The problem is that there are real prices but they are extortionate. Then wildly, constantly fluctuating discounts are applied seemingly at random and without staff being informed, leading to a constant confusion as to real prices, compounded by the fact that if you move from one bundle to another, old discounts have to be removed and new ones applied.

Their current pricing mechanism is a joke and this is proved time and time again by the number of people posting on this forum having been told random pricing by several agents.

I appreciate that the discount mechanism allows them to seemingly offer all offers to both new and existing customers whilst precluding existing customers from taking up the new offers seemingly oxymoronically, but there is only one loser here and that is VM.

They need to do away with this smoke and mirrors, this is what you agreed to, this is the ridiculously high price you now pay, but hey, we'll through in a huge discount so you only pay what you agreed to but we now have the upper hand when it comes to renogotiation.

If someone agrees to pay £X for a service then that is the agreement, it is not £X*2 plus an £X discount.

SteevieNiteHeat
02-09-2009, 20:30
Thanks for all your replies, I think I might have to email that jaju123, problem I have is I now live with my partner & her parents in Scotland, and her dad is the account holder, and well, lets just say that unless ya keep bugging him (or in this case, calling up and then handing him the phone) things wont get done!

Guess I wont be getting 50mb soon before they STM the hell outta it :(

jaju123
02-09-2009, 20:44
Im not the account holder either, but as long as you have the account number, postcode, address etc, then it doesnt matter. He didnt ask me for the account password or anything but i gave it anyway.

BenMcr
02-09-2009, 22:04
I will say this again so everyone is quite clear

EVERYONE pays the SAME price for XXL as EVERYONE ELSE

Sooo, put your current TV and Phone service into the bundle calculator, select XXL and that is the price you will pay.

So XL tv, XL phone and XXL broadband will ALWAYS be £66 a month. If you are quoted a different price complaint about the agent and keep on complaining until you get someone who knows what they are talking about

The only way to fix bad information is to complain about it!