PDA

View Full Version : New customer / Existing customer prices so different? Why?

Mr Smooth
01-09-2009, 16:09
Ive just tried to upgrade from XL BB, XL TV, and M phone (which I get for £51.50) and they are saying that even if I downgrade the TV to L I will still pay 9.50 more?

Aren't the offers on bundles for everybody?

It doesnt make sense, especially as they say I get a £20 discount which brings me down to the 51.50 in the first place.

On the website, it says that XXL BB, L TV and M phone is 38, plus 11 for phone, which would be 49.

Why is it so different? Can someone explain.

Ben B
01-09-2009, 16:11
Because your downgrading your TV so you lose bundle discounts. Though you should be able to get the same as the online bundle if you agree to a new 12 month contract.

RobboDaFunko
01-09-2009, 16:31
I've got the same problem only slightly worse.

My bill breakdown:

Tele Phone Rental - £11.00
Phone TV BB Saving - -£9.50
TV Size: XL - £23.00
Broadband Size: XL - £37.00
BBXL For Price Of BBL Bonus - -£12.00
Paper Bill Charge - £1.25

Total = £50.75

So i'm working out from that that I pay £25 a month for Broadband. When I just rang up to upgrade to 50MB the wonderful Indian Lady said that the BB would be £36 a month....Up £11. So the total a month came to £61, not the £57/58 I was expecting!! She said she couldn't offer me £18 for 3 months due to my TV package?? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me at the minute tbh......:confused:

Am i missing something when everyone else seems to be getting offered an upgrade fee of only £7 or £8 a month for 50MB BB?!?!

Many thanks in advance :)

Hugh
01-09-2009, 16:36
But you are already getting discounts on a bundled package (Phone TV BB Saving, and BBXL for Price of BBL Bonus) - you appear to be wanting an additional discount on a single part of it as well.

Mr Smooth
01-09-2009, 16:43
Because your downgrading your TV so you lose bundle discounts. Though you should be able to get the same as the online bundle if you agree to a new 12 month contract.

Nothing I said seemed to make any sense to the person I spoke to.

Surely the price IS the price. The bundle is as described online on the create your own bundle, so I would be still getting a bundle?

Whether I downgrade the tv or not, If I select the ones I want, it comes to 49. So why am I paying 51.50 and thats with a supposed discount not even with the
XXL broadband.

The discount they show, surely is if you get them as a bundle, a deal price.

They didnt even suggest I sign up for 12 months.

RobboDaFunko
01-09-2009, 16:58
But you are already getting discounts on a bundled package (Phone TV BB Saving, and BBXL for Price of BBL Bonus) - you appear to be wanting an additional discount on a single part of it as well.

I understand that part of it, but the savings should be changed to accommodate the new pricing system shouldn't it??

Knocking off £12.00 off of £37.00 (BBXL is now £20 a month on the NEW pricing system) for BBXL for Price of BBL isn't high enough when BBL NEW is now £14.00 a month.

The savings on the bill are the most confusing thing on it.

I just thought that to upgrade from 20MB to 50MB would only add up to around £7 in line with all the other pricing changes??

BenMcr
01-09-2009, 17:15
I understand that part of it, but the savings should be changed to accommodate the new pricing system shouldn't it??

Knocking off £12.00 off of £37.00 (BBXL is now £20 a month on the NEW pricing system) for BBXL for Price of BBL isn't high enough when BBL NEW is now £14.00 a month.
That the thing though. You are actually geting £20 knocked of the BB XL price so are paying less than a new customer would!

£8 of your £9.50 discount is also because you have broadband

So you are currently paying £17 for BB XL

RobboDaFunko
01-09-2009, 17:21
That the thing though. You are actually geting £20 knocked of the BB XL price so are paying less than a new customer would!

£8 of your £9.50 discount is also because you have broadband

So you are currently paying £17 for BB XL

so going on the telephone convo, adding £11 to the £17 makes £28......

fair enough then, Virgin need to change the way they tot up their bills and train their staff to explain these fees/savings on the telephone!! ;)

Many thanks