PDA

View Full Version : 2mb to 10mb upgrade questions

heisenberg912
01-09-2009, 15:02
Ok I'll try and keep this brief. My friend is on a 2mb connection at the moment and I have the following questions:

1. I was under the impression that all 2mb customers were to be upgraded for free from 2mb to 10mb starting in May or July, and it is now september. Is this true?

2. If so is there a way to hurry the process along? My friend rents and is not the bill payer, would she have to ask her landlord to contact VM or could she contact them?

3. She has a fairly old and crappy looking modem, could it in fact be that she has been upgraded already but the modem only supports 2 mb?

For reference she lives in the Bristol area.

Apologies if this has already been covered in the "upgrade from 2-10meg" thread, but it has got to so many pages I didn't fancy reading the whole thing to pick out what I need to know!

Many thanks

Tim

Sephiroth
01-09-2009, 15:26
....Apologies if this has already been covered in the "upgrade from 2-10meg" thread, but it has got to so many pages I didn't fancy reading the whole thing to pick out what I need to know!

Many thanks

Tim

So, instead, we've got to trawl through the many pages to remember whether or not the modem's the same and how all this pans out?

Charming!

heisenberg912
01-09-2009, 15:39
Well I was hoping one of you learned chaps would have this kind of knowledge stored away in a single place!

A sticky with all the info would be nice!

Ben B
01-09-2009, 15:44
1. Yes true
2. Landlord would probably have to ring VM but if your friend knows the account number and password they may be able to and they will send a signal to the modem
3. No there would still be at least a slight speed increase even with an older modem. Virgin will advise if there will be a replacement modem required

Hope this helps,
Ben :)

broadbandking
01-09-2009, 15:50
Your friend needed to register for the upgrade, your friend is looking around end of Sept/Oct to get the upgrade as I don't think you can register to get the upgrade sooner than the stated above months.

She needs to get the landlord to call but as I am aware customer services cant action the upgrade as it is done automactically.

heisenberg912
01-09-2009, 15:57
Thanks for the help chaps. I don't think she can get the account info so I will advise her to speak to her landlord,

Cheers

Tim