PDA

View Full Version : 50 MB service stuck on "BPI Initialization"

mvrandery
30-08-2009, 10:48
Hi all

Just signed up for the 50MB service last week Wednesday

Friday evening the modem has the tick mark flashing and no service

Looked at the cable modem status page and saw that the download and upload is synced with a good SNR.

The modem is stuck on something called "BPI initialization" - something to do with encryption I gather

Called up support - they asked me to uplug/plug in the modem(which I had already done thrice to no avail) and then said they'll have to send someone out - absolute basic level of support, it seems they have no idea of what to do other than reboot the modem and if that doesn't work - send someone out! I asked to speak to someone else - escalate it - no go (had to call them twice on the first day for problems with activation - same thing - reboot & send someone out - solved at their end after the chap left after unplugging / plugging in the modem and announcing that he had no clue what was wrong - he would call a supervisor)

Being bank holiday weekend, they can't send someone out for 2 days!

So can anyone help? Will be most appreciated

xocemp
30-08-2009, 13:05
Did the agent you spoke to at any time put you on hold so they could seek advice from 2nd line?

If not then call again!

mvrandery
30-08-2009, 14:59
I've called 3 times. The last time the chap told me he looked up BPI Initialization on Google!!

All 3 times I've tried to get them to take it higher, but all 3 times they've told me that they cannot talk to anyone else unless the tick mark is solid on the modem - flashing tick mark means send someone over

xocemp
30-08-2009, 17:24
Call at 8am in the morning you stand a better chance of getting a UK agent, they should then contact their 2nd line department.

Peter_
30-08-2009, 17:44
Do as advised above here is the dedicated 50Mb support line number.

0800 052 0431

mvrandery
30-08-2009, 19:48
Thanks very much for all the above.

Will call again at 8 am tomorrow and use the number given.

I called again this afternoon and again spoke to someone in India who gave me a ₤ 15 credit but could do nothing else. At least it'll pay for the vodafone mobile modem I'm using meanwhile

Cheers

xocemp
30-08-2009, 20:01
mvrandery, check your private messages.