PDA

View Full Version : SNR levels in Dudley

broadbandking
27-08-2009, 10:17
I live in Dudley and I am on UBR09, I had on and off connection issues due to SNR levels for around a month now, normally its back up and running after a few hours, its getting longer now, has anyone else had issues in this area, plus is there a way I can esclate this?

I have reported it everytime which is around 5 times now this month.

Any suggestions welcome.

Regards.

Peter_
27-08-2009, 12:25
its an outage

Ignitionnet
27-08-2009, 13:17
its an outage

So when it said intermittent for a month 'outage' going to get fixed I think is the question. ;)

I don't think calling a fault an outage makes it ok for it to drag on for so long.

Stuart
27-08-2009, 13:20
Whether it's an outage or an intermittent fault, it should still be repaired..

broadbandking
27-08-2009, 14:48
I understand the issues are going to happen and when I think its fixed it happens again, however I did speak to a tech who said people are working on it today so hopefully by tonite I will get online for a bit.

Pierre
27-08-2009, 14:54
How do you know the issues you have been experiencing are due to an SNR issue.

I don't deny there are SNR issues on various parts of the network but I find that people like to blame everthing on SNR at the moment. When most don't even know what it really is, what casues it and how to address it.

Peter_
27-08-2009, 15:01

I don't deny there are SNR issues on various parts of the network but I find that people like to blame everthing on SNR at the moment. When most don't even know what it really is, what casues it and how to address it.
It is known outage and this one was only listed yesterday but its an ongoing issue as broadbandking can confirm to his dismay.

Ignitionnet
27-08-2009, 15:02

It's not the customers' problem what it really is, what causes it and how to address it, if that's the fault diagnosis given by technical support (presumably based on what BADGER has to say) then that's the issue. OP was told it was SNR at every stage I believe so short of accusing VM of lying he doesn't have much else to go on.

Pierre
27-08-2009, 15:39
True, the outage team in Albert Dock just seem to like to cite SNR as the problem and that is not always the case.

Ignitionnet
27-08-2009, 15:46
True, the outage team in Albert Dock just seem to like to cite SNR as the problem and that is not always the case.

If agents are unable to read the numbers on their screen they need to be fired so that they can go and find a job more suited to them, one that doesn't require basic 6 year old level literacy.

Peter_
27-08-2009, 18:36
It's not the customers' problem what it really is, what causes it and how to address it, if that's the fault diagnosis given by technical support (presumably based on what BADGER has to say) then that's the issue. OP was told it was SNR at every stage I believe so short of accusing VM of lying he doesn't have much else to go on.
That is only one of three tools that will all confirm the issue and then we have the outage page as well.:)

---------- Post added at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

I always check for myself and then I know its right.;)

---------- Post added at 18:36 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

If agents are unable to read the numbers on their screen they need to be fired so that they can go and find a job more suited to them, one that doesn't require basic 6 year old level literacy.
Quite true to say the least.;)