PDA

View Full Version : 50meg issue in Manchester, Salford - M8 area/s?

UnReaL
25-08-2009, 01:31
For the past three days, I have not had access to Internet, because my Cable Modem is not giving an I.P. address.

This is causing the Computer, to say "Limited Connectivity", as apparently there is a weak signal, which is not allowing the Cable Modem to function properly.

Apparently there is an issue in the area which still has not been fixed, this is the second time I'm suffering from issues on the 50meg service.

The first time round I had to wait a painful two weeks before another issue was fixed (started 7th July 2009), now I'm without Internet for three days so far.

I was told on Sunday that it shall be fixed by between 8-10pm, but that didn't happen.

I called on Monday, I was told the same thing, again that did not happen.

I called on Tuesday, I was told the same thing again, with the addition that apparently my "TCP/IP" has gone corrupted and that I require a computer technician to fix it.

Funny thing is, I've tried it on two computers and three laptops and they all seem to have the same issue.

I'm again having to use my brothers 3G vodafone mobile broadband, which I must confess, is very, very fast and reliable.

Does anyone else have any issue/s as I am having, or anything similar in the Manchester area?

man1c
25-08-2009, 08:55
I'm on 50meg and in Salford and mine is also down, it's been intermittent for 24hours but now I've lost it completely :(

stefanb
25-08-2009, 11:30
exact same problem - I'm in Crumpsall

UnReaL
25-08-2009, 16:06
Update on the issue - I've been informed that it is only customers that are on the Salford Exchange.

The problem was ONLY raised yesterday (by then I had no Internet for three days).

It revolves around the network not giving out I.P. addresses and that the signal to the cable modems is "weak" (my mind cannot comprehand what that means).

So even if your 50meg Cable Modem shows all the lights as solid blue, the issue is on the Salford exchange.

All we can do it wait until its eventually fixed.

Then call 50meg support on 0800 0520431 (direct number for 50meg support) and ask to be reimbursed for loss of service.

stefanb
25-08-2009, 16:37
apparently they're going to have it fixed this evening. although they said they would have it fixed last night, and didn't. and they said it'd be fixed this morning, and it wasn't.

UnReaL
27-08-2009, 22:58
Update: There were fixes in place, which did not permanently fix the issue. The issues turned up again according to 50meg Technical Support, engineers are yet again working to fix the issue, which revolves around the distribution of I.P. Addresses, that causes computers to, for example show "Local Only" or "Limited Connectivity" on your Network.

My 10Mb to and 20Mb conenctions were solid, I could never fault them.

50meg has been nothing but trouble for me, shocking to say the least.

All we can do is wait inpatiently.

If anyone does manage to find that their 50meg has started working again, please can you post the update in this thread.

Thanks.

stefanb
28-08-2009, 11:44
I'm on 20 meg and it's still not working. Incredibly annoyed at them so far. They've offered us £3 off our next bill. £3!

UnReaL
28-08-2009, 15:59
Update: 50meg is up and running again, I was told they do not reimburse for 6 days, but instead they gave me 7 days worth of refund, which amounted to £13 - this will be taken off the next bill.

stefanb: You must call them everyday, or they will not prioritise the issue, in July, I had no Internet for 2 weeks, After calling them many times, the second-line team for 50meg got the issue resolved swiftly, but I am not sure whether 20meg has such a supoort team?

Never-the-less, keep calling and eventually you'll be up and running too, unless you tried it now and found it to be working again.

Peter_
28-08-2009, 18:35
stefanb: You must call them everyday, or they will not prioritise the issue, in July, I had no Internet for 2 weeks, After calling them many times, the second-line team for 50meg got the issue resolved swiftly, but I am not sure whether 20meg has such a supoort team?

The is only one broadband 2nd line support team, they cover all aspects of broadband.

UnReaL
29-08-2009, 02:30
Thanks for clearing that up.