PDA

View Full Version : Moving from Sky to Virgin, a bit confused

flibbage0
24-08-2009, 21:21
Ok well I ordered Virgin Media the other day online and it said free installation now I got an e-mail saying thank you, and It says that there will be a one off £49.00 installation fee for the V+box i thought installation was free when u do it online like i did.

Or is the box £49 and you have to pay an extra £49 when you normally do it?

And I chose an installation date online and now it says to call them so they can see what convenient time they can come round

+ when do i cancel sky now that I have ordered Virgin Media

Thanks.

Ben B
24-08-2009, 21:29
£49 V+ Install fee applies if you are not on VIP. They want to arrange a date over the phone because the date specified mustn't have been available. You need to give sky 30 days notice so your services will be cancelled 30 days after you phone so once you have an installation date sorted you can work out when you want to give your 30 days notice.

Hope this helps,
Ben :)

flibbage0
24-08-2009, 21:31
Thank you for the quick reply:tu:

So Should I plan the installation date for 30 days from now?

Mick Fisher
24-08-2009, 21:49
Personally I would wait for your VM to be installed and then see if the service performs to your expectations before cancelling your sky.

flibbage0
24-08-2009, 21:51
Can I do that run both services? remember I have got Sky Broadband and Sky talk as well, does it matter if i give sky a 30 days notice and then on the 25th day VM comes and installs everything?

Mick Fisher
25-08-2009, 01:42
Yes you can be subscribed to both VM's and Sky's services at the same time. It will merely be your choice as to what service you hook your equipment to.

It is not uncommon for problems to arise preceding, during or after installation. Or you may find VM TV sadly lacking features you have enjoyed on the Sky platform.

In my experience a little bet hedging can often forestall disappointment.

oliver1948uk
25-08-2009, 08:21
. . . or you may be pleasantly surprised by features on VM TV that are sadly lacking on the Sky platform

flibbage0
25-08-2009, 08:25
Features lol, I had a normal Sky box which can't record anything and kept on stuttering and freezing up and when I asked how much SKY+ would be they said £210 inc installation, I said I had been a customer for 10 years and they said that is all they could do.

Then the next day I asked about HD and they said they would send me some information by e-mail and I was like OK thats fine, next thing you know it they had ordered me Sky+ box and Sky HD and Multiroom:mad::confused:

Mick Fisher
25-08-2009, 19:18
. . . or you may be pleasantly surprised by features on VM TV that are sadly lacking on the Sky platform
Indeed, but still not a reason to burn one's boats before finding out first hand.

Ben B
31-08-2009, 17:19
Did you manage to get an installation date sorted?

flibbage0
31-08-2009, 19:23
Yes 9th September.