PDA

View Full Version : Awaiting installation

lockettpots
20-08-2009, 11:08
Hi everyone

Brand new to Virgin and the forum.

Can someone tell me the best time to phone customer service to stand a chance of getting UK.

John

webcrawler2050
20-08-2009, 11:26
Hi everyone

Brand new to Virgin and the forum.

Can someone tell me the best time to phone customer service to stand a chance of getting UK.

John

Normaly "office" hours would be your best chance.

Kymmy
20-08-2009, 12:16
Just after 8am seems to be the best time to get UK based Customer support agents

Matt-08
20-08-2009, 19:23
Or using the newsgroups before 9pm.

broadbandking
21-08-2009, 06:36
You could post the question you have here and people will see if they can help you

lockettpots
21-08-2009, 12:29
Thanks everybody

I rang this morning and spoke to a very pleasant Scottish lady. Hopefully my installation will be tomorrow morning;).

I was concerned because I haven't received my contract, Welcome pack or confirmation of installation date/time but apparently this does happen sometimes.

John

webcrawler2050
21-08-2009, 12:48
Thanks everybody

I rang this morning and spoke to a very pleasant Scottish lady. Hopefully my installation will be tomorrow morning;).

I was concerned because I haven't received my contract, Welcome pack or confirmation of installation date/time but apparently this does happen sometimes.

John

Thats good, atleast your sorted now! Glad for you! Now you can enjoy it!

lockettpots
22-08-2009, 10:34
Whoops - Just heard that installation has been put back to the 26th August.

John

lockettpots
26-08-2009, 13:56
Beginning to doubt my wisdom in ordering cable broadband, tv, phone.

Engineer arrived this morning saying he thinks there is a break in the (old Birmingham Cable) cable between our house and the cab. Said he has phoned his manager who will come out to take a look. When asked when, said he didn't know and he needed to get to his next job and left.

I'll see if I hear from the manager today and if not I'll contact Customer Support tomorrow morning.

Does this sound familiar?

John

lockettpots
26-08-2009, 16:12
Manager arrived and with a colleague did some checking. Apparently the cable is not broken. Some of it is not there at all having been creatively removed. So it seems I will have to wait for a re-pull (7 to 10 days ?).

Luckily the time scale is not so important as I haven't yet cancelled my existing broadband etc.

I must say manager and colleague very helpful. Confidence somewhat restored;)

John

lockettpots
26-08-2009, 20:27
The saga goes on
I now cannot receive telephone calls because in spite of the fact that they could not install today Virgin Media called for the porting of my telephone number.

I rang BT and they say that I have to contact Virgin Media to have it corrected.
This was something I raised today when the engineer said that the installation could not be done for several days and he assured me that the transfer of the telephone number would not go through until the installation had been completed.

This is starting to look like a real Mickey Mouse operation.

John