PDA

View Full Version : Freeview channels

Welshchris
10-08-2009, 06:01
Im thinking of getting rid of my Virgin TV as all i ever watch is Dave really which is available on freeview.

The Question i have is are all the channels on freeview broadcast the same times as they would be on Cable or Sky?

Kymmy
10-08-2009, 06:47
[moved to freeview forum]

joglynne
10-08-2009, 12:42
Im thinking of getting rid of my Virgin TV as all i ever watch is Dave really which is available on freeview.

The Question i have is are all the channels on freeview broadcast the same times as they would be on Cable or Sky?

I have both Freeview and VM and the channels are broadcast at the same time they merely have a different channel number.

Ben B
10-08-2009, 14:17
Is Dave not available on M TV which is free with a phone line?

joglynne
10-08-2009, 14:26
According to this PDF Channel Guide......

http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/pdf/electric-channel-guide.pdf

....both Dave and Dave and Dave ja vu are available on VM M. It would be worth seeing if VM offer more channels on their TV M package than you can get on Freeview.

m419
10-08-2009, 16:04
Downgrade it to L package, rather than getting rid of your Virgin TV just incase you want it back.

joglynne
10-08-2009, 16:53
Downgrade it to L package, rather than getting rid of your Virgin TV just incase you want it back.

As Ben B says VM TV M should be available free as Welshchris has a VM phone.

m419
10-08-2009, 21:10
Having checked again, Dave is on the freeview range of channels, Virgin also do a M+ package which costs around a fiver a month and includes some Sky and various other channels too

Pauls9
11-08-2009, 10:55
My wife and I recently decided to change to Freeview from analogue VM. Retentions persuaded me to try TV M, with no installation charge (and at the same time upgraded from dial-up to BB S (2 MB) - yes it does exist and is fine for our use). We're well impressed with the catch-up TV in particular.

Still got some small quality problems on BB and TV, but I'll get around to nagging VM again when I've got time.