PDA

View Full Version : Helpful Indians DO exist.

Milambar
09-08-2009, 20:26
I needed to confirm what time the "networks" team would be calling, as I have some morning appointments at the doctors on the same date. The message on my answerphone just said "Thursday 13".

The first person I spoke to said theres an appointment for the 10th (which I wanted to cancel since the networks are coming on the 13th), he was an Indian, and swore black was white, that there was no appointment booked for the 13th, but he gave me another number to call (which turned out to just put me back into the same system as 150 grr.)

Finally, I got an indian gentleman, I was about to give up, but explained the situation to him. At first he said the same as the first, but then he goes "Oh, I see. Yes you have an apointment on the 13th too. They will be between 1 and 6pm." which is exactly what I needed to know. Sadly I forgot to cancel the technician on the 10th. Guess I'll have to call back for that.

Moral: Just because they are indian, doesn't mean they are all script readers. I never thought I'd find myself saying that.

dhiren92
09-08-2009, 20:58
I kind of feel offended by the name of this topic because i am indian myself however your post is quite true because ive had that happen to me.. where ive known the person on the otherside is indian however his name is John Smith.. It does confuse me at times lol

Chris
09-08-2009, 21:54
The thread title is a little unfortunate. I think I know what the OP means, but I don't think it's fair to give the impression that VM's overseas callcentres are a pain simply because of the nationality of the people staffing them.

As it happens, I had a very good experience with Asda.com's Indian callcentre last week. Very efficient and helpful.

webcrawler2050
09-08-2009, 23:05
I don't think it matters, if they are Indian or English. Depends how much that agent "enjoys the job" brits can be the worse, just dont care and are like robots.

vbnmu
09-08-2009, 23:32
The thread title is a little unfortunate. I think I know what the OP means, but I don't think it's fair to give the impression that VM's overseas callcentres are a pain simply because of the nationality of the people staffing them.

As it happens, I had a very good experience with Asda.com's Indian callcentre last week. Very efficient and helpful.

ASDA's are in South Africa.;)

broadbandking
10-08-2009, 00:14
The main problem is the triaing they recieve in outsource centre isn't as good as in house centres training.

beanie
10-08-2009, 01:18
I dont mind who I speak too at Virgin as long as they have manners and show an interest in helping me solve the issue.

Most seem to say I cant talk to your cable modem and book me a tech. While others investigate the issue and find faulty network equipment using the tools they are given on there computers!!!!

It happened to me tonight, there is a faulty UBR and ive been booked an engineer for the 6th time since I upgraded to 50MB. I explained they are wasting time and money but they arnt interested. It's proven that the ubr is at fault and there is even a ticket open for it!

Haighy
10-08-2009, 01:23
In my quest to get my Netbook I must have spoken to about 30 or more people. Didn't get one outsourced person who managed to help me, but also got quite a few insourced ones who didn't as well. One Scottish person told me to dial 195, which turned out to be Directory Services for handicapped people. They couldn't help me.
I also got a few good ones, some tried really hard and one stuck with it. I did get the feeling that if your problem is not a common one then you will struggle with most of the people you talk to, wherever they are based

beanie
10-08-2009, 01:47
In my quest to get my Netbook I must have spoken to about 30 or more people. Didn't get one outsourced person who managed to help me, but also got quite a few insourced ones who didn't as well. One Scottish person told me to dial 195, which turned out to be Directory Services for handicapped people. They couldn't help me.
I also got a few good ones, some tried really hard and one stuck with it. I did get the feeling that if your problem is not a common one then you will struggle with most of the people you talk to, wherever they are based

Did you find the answer???

You need to call the Virgin Media Sales line: 0800 953 5353

zing_deleted
10-08-2009, 02:10

I thought he was on about Tonto lol lol lol

Haighy
10-08-2009, 02:37
The very helpful CS agent got the CEO's office involved. They assigned someone with authority to sort it.
More about it in the Netbook thread :-)