PDA

View Full Version : Three appointments and three no shows!

Vera
09-08-2009, 15:40
I can't believe the service, or no service as the case is, from Virgin Media. 3 installation appointments and 3 no shows. Do they really think I have nothing better to do with my life than sit around waiting for their engineers to turn up?

On their website, the first bullet point under installation is:

"Arrive on the agreed date at the agreed time"

chance would be a fine thing!

Just as I calm down after yesterday's let down, they had the cheek to call today to arrange a new appointment. Needless to say, I gave them a piece of my mind and let them know I won't be needing any more appointments.

Kind of still a bit mad about the whole episode especially as I allowed it to happen 3 times. I should have given up after the first no show but I thought hey, these things happen. Maybe they do once or twice but I expected to get lucky on my third attempt.

MovedGoalPosts
09-08-2009, 16:15
That is pretty poor. Ignoring the useless attempts at installation for now, would you still want Virgin Media if they guaranteed to turn up and get it right?

Vera
09-08-2009, 16:50
My husband's more into the idea than I am. I'm a lot less enthused than I was. Each time I've rearranged, it's been backed by a guaranteed promise to turn up; even better was they said they had me booked for the first afternoon appointment for last Saturday - you can imagine my disappointment when no one showed up. "Guarantees" don't mean anything to me anymore when it comes to "Virgin Media Installation". I've lost a day's annual leave and 2 Saturday's in a row just waiting for someone to show up and this is after I've spent hours explaining we don't live at the house at the moment because we're in the middle of renovating. So I've actually spent three days waiting in what is a building site and I'm not prepared to do that again for my own sanity.

jungleguy
09-08-2009, 21:36
Hi, you wait in on a building site!!! is your property not built? or being built?

---------- Post added at 21:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

me being thick you're renovating it

webcrawler2050
09-08-2009, 22:02
I can't believe the service, or no service as the case is, from Virgin Media. 3 installation appointments and 3 no shows. Do they really think I have nothing better to do with my life than sit around waiting for their engineers to turn up?

On their website, the first bullet point under installation is:

"Arrive on the agreed date at the agreed time"

chance would be a fine thing!

Just as I calm down after yesterday's let down, they had the cheek to call today to arrange a new appointment. Needless to say, I gave them a piece of my mind and let them know I won't be needing any more appointments.

Kind of still a bit mad about the whole episode especially as I allowed it to happen 3 times. I should have given up after the first no show but I thought hey, these things happen. Maybe they do once or twice but I expected to get lucky on my third attempt.

Once you get installed, ring CS and i dont see why you won't be able to get a credit of some description. I take your paying £30 for the setup fee? I would try and get that waived.