PDA

View Full Version : Any update on increase of upload speed for 50mbit

|Kippa|
06-08-2009, 08:38
Has there been any new developements on the proposed increase in upload speed on the 50mbit connetions? Last I heard was something about 10mbit been trialed and that was a few weeks ago. Before that it was roumored that the upload speed might be increased to 5mbit. Is there any new info out?

Kymmy
06-08-2009, 08:41
The trail will probably be run for a few months at very least and not justa week or two.. Also those on the trail can't post about it as they'll have a confidentiality agreement.

I'm sure though that as soon as anything is in the public domain it will be instantly posted on here as CF hasn't failed yet to do so in the past :D

|Kippa|
06-08-2009, 08:50
Hehehe that is true. Sometimes I think some people find out what is happening to Virgin Media via this site before even some Virgin Media people know what is going on. I just wonder if the supposed 10mbit upload rate is just saber ratteling to make VM look good against the likes of BT and others, and if they could realistically provide 10mbit up to all 50mbit users. Personally I would be happy with 5mbit upload rate but 10mbit would be great.

broadbandking
06-08-2009, 09:57
Virgin Media have said they are going to be trialing 10Mbit upload, they never stated that ALL 50Mb users would get the increase, don't get your hopes up of paying a lower price for 50Mb and getting 10Mb upload.

|Kippa|
06-08-2009, 11:02
I wouldn't mind paying that bit more to get a 10mbit upload rate, so long as the extra charge is not too extravigantly costly.