PDA

View Full Version : VM Fiasco

caph
04-08-2009, 21:15
Anyone else in the Basford area having their patience tried by the VM YTS team?

In the past few weeks I've had total loss of broadband for about 24 hours. Complete loss of telephone service a week later for 48 hours. Broadband speeds fluctuating wildly. Total loss of broadband a week later for several hours. I struggle to watch OnDemand now due to lack of infratructure in my area, and tonight my broadband speed has dropped to about 600K which makes IPlayer stutter.

At the moment VM seem incapable of providing the basic levels of service they are paid for.

broadbandking
04-08-2009, 23:00
Have you call in yet?

graf_von_anonym
05-08-2009, 03:00
YTS? Are you honestly suggesting that Virgin's staff are largely 19 year veterans, or are you showing your age?

caph
05-08-2009, 17:24
YTS? Are you honestly suggesting that Virgin's staff are largely 19 year veterans, or are you showing your age?

I'm suggesting that whoever is running things at the Basford hubsite probably couldn't organise a p*** up in a brewery.

It's a shambles and has been for weeks and to add insult to injury they've moved me off the new 50Mb infrastructure and back on to the UBR from hell BASF3.

To be honest I reckon a YTS team could probably do a better job. Put it this way, they'd struggle to do any worse.

Even newsgroup support seems to be heading the same way, I'm now getting replies from people who seem to know less about what's going on at Basford than I do. Their internal systems seem to be down more than up these days too.

I think fiasco just about sums things up at the moment.

xocemp
05-08-2009, 18:29
If you put all that to the CEO then maybe they will release you from your contract.
You'll be then free to move to another provider.

caph
05-08-2009, 18:47
They've already tried that one. I'm currently getting around £300 deductions this year as a result of a CISAS ruling and in any case my speed on ADSL is around half a meg due to distance from the exchange.

So I'm stuck trying to get VM to provide the service they sold to me.

xocemp
05-08-2009, 18:57
But surely if VirginMedia pains you so much, and lets be honest here I've seen enough of your posts to know your not happy with the service, you'd take the release deal and get a reliable half a meg ADSL connection.
Wouldn't you?

caph
05-08-2009, 19:06
No. Strangely enough, the idea of going back to half a meg is not very appealing.

xocemp
05-08-2009, 19:13
I'd have thought the YTSes at VM had tried your patience to the point of breaking.
A reliable half meg has got to be better than a 600K that makes your IPlayer stutter, hasn't it?

caph
05-08-2009, 19:24
I have a lot of patience.

My service is so close to be being great that I refuse to give up. When it works I'm getting 13ms pings and online gaming is great.

They just need to switch me back to the 50Mb UBR that they took me off on Monday, stop disconnecting my phone and stop disconnecting my broadband. I've got a feeling that after the 50Mb upgrades have settled down, the service interruptions will go away anyway.

They could also do with adding more VOD capacity in my area.

xocemp
05-08-2009, 19:28
Are you a 20 or 50Mbit subscriber?

What about going with Sky for your TV needs then and get their 'broadband' service also?

caph
06-08-2009, 19:53
20Mb, not bothered about 50Mb but would pay extra for 10Mb upload.

I love the VM OnDemand when it works. Sky just can't compete with it.