PDA

View Full Version : cable installation where we had cable before

Kelco
04-08-2009, 10:45
HI,

I'm currently with virgin just for broadband. I'm thinking of getting their cable tv (moving from sky) and phoneline (moving from BT). Question I have is that I used to have old analogue cable before I got sky about 10 years ago when it was then cabletel. So I still have the a white box behind the TV with two screw like connections underneath it. When I had broadband installed, which was after (I think!) I had sky put in, they run a cable to the 3rd bedroom (computer room!) and installed the cable modem there. It's the same type of white box as behind the TV. If I do go with getting the TV will they try and move the broadband connection out of the 3rd bedroom so all services come from the same box behind the TV?

Also, is it easy for virgin to transfer over my BT phone number to their own? Or not worth the hassle?

Thanks
Dave

BenMcr
04-08-2009, 11:18
They won't move any points unless you ask them to.

A number transfer should be easy, it should swap over the day Virgin come out and put the phoneline in and they also give notice to BT to close that account - however they need to leave at least 10 days between order and installation.

Kelco
04-08-2009, 15:37
Cheers for info. Now all I got to do is decide if the sums add up so the move to virgin would be worth it.