PDA

View Full Version : UBR Dalston - constant problems

Kindke
30-07-2009, 17:30
It seems this Universal Broadband Router im connected to in the london area of Dalston is having constant problems Ive been having to call virgin media DAILY for the past 2 weeks and this issue has been on-going for the past 3 months.

I have had this broadband for 8 years now , since August 2001 but the last 2 months have been ruining the stuff I need to do online becuase of the constant service failure and the constant outages this UBR has.

Calling Virgin Media is useless becuase its an indian call centre and they dont know jack. Im now completely fed up and want to try another provider like BT.

Is there anyone else connected to the Dalston UBR that is always getting the same problems?

---------- Post added at 16:30 ---------- Previous post was at 15:21 ----------

my hostname when connected is

*.cable.ubr02.dals.blueyonder.co.uk

rapheal
30-07-2009, 19:08
when i was 20 meg had constant problems,now on 50meg everything is fine

dudload
31-07-2009, 10:14
im in the ec2a area of London and im pretty sure im on the Dalson UBR.

Its a bit of a mixed bag for me, from Mon-Sat i get solid 20MBs with browsing being fast and nippy, but quite often on Sunday it all goes haywire. The modem just drops and wont reconnect throughout the day - i always wondered if it was just me so would be interesting if anyone else has the same problems.

(from what it sounds like you are having constant issues)

p.s. i'd be quite interested to know how many people are on the dalston UBR - its quite a large area and very densely populated!

Ignitionnet
31-07-2009, 10:34
p.s. i'd be quite interested to know how many people are on the dalston UBR - its quite a large area and very densely populated!

There's 17 of them, 2 of which are Motorola BSRs which carry 50Mbit and 20Mbit customers only so that's a tricky question.

A big problem with the older services was I believe people helping themselves to the bandwidth through service theft. Think this has been reduced recently.