PDA

View Full Version : VM Broadband CS

Octimon
25-07-2009, 17:35
below is the conversation I had with CS in India the other night - truly bizarre...

Me - Hi, I understand there is a problem in Glasgow area, can you tell me when you estimate it will be fixed please.
VM - There is no problem in your area
Me - Yes there is. There is a recorded message saying there is a problem in the Glasgow area and I have no broadband.
VM - What is your postcode
Me - GXX XXX
VM - There is no problem in that area
Me - Well I have had no broadband since I got home from work 5 hours ago and there is a recorded message on your system advising there is a problem in Glasgow area and your engineers are working on it. I just want to know when you estimate I will have internet access as I desperately need to log on to my office system.
VM - Hang on a minute...........Yes sir, I am being advised there is a problem in your area and we estimate a fix by 11 tomorrow morning.
Me - Oh. Will I get compensation. Not being funny but last week the phones were off all night and now I have no broadband all night.
VM - Yes of course sir, tap tap tap, that's £5 credited to your account
Me - Thankyou, so you think it will be 11 tomorrow morning and I won't get access tonight.
VM - Oh no sir, reboot it in a few minutes and it will be fine

Rebooted 15 minutes later and it was fine!!

Now, the conversation was perfectly polite, the problem was fixed and I even got a £5 credit. However, there seems to have been a language problem somewhere. What was that conversation all about and was there a problem or wasn't there?

Virgin, please can we have more CS staff whose native tongue is English. It's so much easier conversing with people whose first language is English. Yes, people with secondary English language can read from a script but as soon as we try to hold a conversation with them off script it all gets so confusing.

Sirius
25-07-2009, 17:41
below is the conversation I had with CS in India the other night - truly bizarre...

Me - Hi, I understand there is a problem in Glasgow area, can you tell me when you estimate it will be fixed please.
VM - There is no problem in your area
Me - Yes there is. There is a recorded message saying there is a problem in the Glasgow area and I have no broadband.
VM - What is your postcode
Me - GXX XXX
VM - There is no problem in that area
Me - Well I have had no broadband since I got home from work 5 hours ago and there is a recorded message on your system advising there is a problem in Glasgow area and your engineers are working on it. I just want to know when you estimate I will have internet access as I desperately need to log on to my office system.
VM - Hang on a minute...........Yes sir, I am being advised there is a problem in your area and we estimate a fix by 11 tomorrow morning.
Me - Oh. Will I get compensation. Not being funny but last week the phones were off all night and now I have no broadband all night.
VM - Yes of course sir, tap tap tap, that's £5 credited to your account
Me - Thankyou, soThank Younk it will be 11 tomorrow morning and I won't get access tonight.
VM - Oh no sir, reboot it in a few minutes and it will be fine

Rebooted 15 minutes later and it was fine!!

Now, the conversation was perfectly polite, the problem was fixed and I even got a £5 credit. However, there seems to have been a language problem somewhere. What was that conversation all about and was there a problem or wasn't there?

Virgin, please can we have more CS staff whose native tongue is English. It's so much easier conversing with people whose first language is English. Yes, people with secondary English language can read from a script but as soon as we try to hold a conversation with them off script it all gets so confusing.

That's a new language its called scriponease

joglynne
25-07-2009, 17:47
Or sometimes known a Scription. Where script meets fiction in order to convince customers they are happy to hang up the phone. :)