PDA

View Full Version : Splitter help needed

natasha2009
25-07-2009, 12:25
I currently have a V+ box connected to a QAMTEX VQ601LC but bought a TRIS210E splitter so I could move my Virgin Media modem to the same room.
I replaced the VQ601LC with the TRIS210E but all I get is a blank or flashing ready light on the modem and a flashing ‘Online’ light on the V+ box.
I made sure I plugged them into the right ports at the bottom but I can’t get either to work properly.
Is the TRIS210E faulty or do I need to do something else?
I thought it would a simple job of just swapping them over!

Please help!

spiderplant
25-07-2009, 14:18
As you've found out DIY cabling isn't as easy as screwing a few things together. Changing the components will mess up the signal levels. It breaks the VM T&Cs, too. I suggest you give VM a call and ask them to send someone out to move the modem. It may cost you but you'll know the job has been done properly.

ps. Welcome to the forum!

natasha2009
25-07-2009, 14:21
As you've found out DIY cabling isn't as easy as screwing a few things together. Changing the components will mess up the signal levels. It breaks the VM T&Cs, too. I suggest you give VM a call and ask them to send someone out to move the modem. It may cost you but you'll know the job has been done properly.

ps. Welcome to the forum!

I was told it would be £100 to move a modem, does it really cost that much to screw on add a spiltter and a cable?
No.
Id rather try to do it myself.

Raistlin
25-07-2009, 14:27
Sometimes the £100 is the cheaper cost compared to the time, effort, and cash, that you could spend trying to get this right yourself (and that's even assuming that you don't seriously break something in the mean time).

That said though, we have some good technical chaps (and chapesses) here on the forum - hopefully someone will be able to talk you through what you need to do :tu:

thedavid2007
25-07-2009, 17:00
I currently have a V+ box connected to a QAMTEX VQ601LC but bought a TRIS210E splitter so I could move my Virgin Media modem to the same room.
I replaced the VQ601LC with the TRIS210E but all I get is a blank or flashing ready light on the modem and a flashing ‘Online’ light on the V+ box.
I made sure I plugged them into the right ports at the bottom but I can’t get either to work properly.
Is the TRIS210E faulty or do I need to do something else?
I thought it would a simple job of just swapping them over!

Please help!

TRIS210E That is not a splitter. It's an isolator.

natasha2009
25-07-2009, 20:07
TRIS210E That is not a splitter. It's an isolator.

I thought it was a combined splitter / isolator.

Cobbydaler
25-07-2009, 20:21
http://mediacables.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_4&products_id=318

natasha2009
25-07-2009, 21:28
http://mediacables.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_4&products_id=318

That's where I bought it, I emailed the owner beforehand and he said it was a splitter as well.

http://mediacables.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=page&id=9&chapter=0

JayJay
29-07-2009, 13:54
Natasha, where abouts are you located? If your local I will happily help you out.