PDA

View Full Version : Telford slow speeds, ubr03 100% utilisation

theoldbill
22-07-2009, 20:40
Hi all, I was hoping some VM guy could find out what's happening with the network in Telford... on 7th July there was 5-6hr outage due to a 'configuration issue' in the area, and at that time (and for 2yrs prior) I was on ubr05, with no speed issues at all, but after this outage I am now on ubr03 and speeds are dire, sometimes even the modem loses connection and sits there with the Online light flashing instead of steady.

I called VM and they say ubr03 is heavily utilised (90-100%), when I asked them why I'd been moved they didn't know but did say ubr05 was offline and it could be customers have been dumped onto other ubrs.

Could someone find out if there is a fix time on this?

I'm getting 1-2 of 20meg at best, upstream is struggling also and VOIP calls break up so badly that's become unusable :sleep:

And I thought we had a decent network capacity in Telford, first time since being on the service (7yrs) it's been like this :mad::mad:

Cheers.

cli70488
25-07-2009, 17:31
Hi theoldbill, I am in TF3 and have been off-line 3 times in the last 6 days. I spoke to VM on Monday last and they gave me a credit of £5. Yesterday, Friday, they told me that they were not aware of any difficulties but then rang back to say it was a fault of theirs and after 4 hours it was put right. I am on BB "L" but it is very slow and I may consider a change. I have been on Telewest/Virgin for about 6 years.