PDA

View Full Version : New Contract and already moving house!

Bradds
19-07-2009, 02:35
Hi Folks

Does anyone know what the deal is with moving VM services with a fairly new contract? Basically I have just moved into a shared house and had the full cable option installed. It turns out that I have moved into a loud "party house" that involves playing loud music at 4.00am in the morning!

I have read people discussing moving and having to sign new contracts which sounds fair on VMs part but not sure how I would stand with a contract a few weeks old. I would be looking to move in the same area where cable was available.

Any help or advice would be great.

Thanks

Bradds

saabmania2
19-07-2009, 05:57
Hi,
I think i'm right in saying that yes you can have your install moved to your new house but i think there would be a moving charge involved, i'm not sure how much you might need one of the VM guy's on here to answer that for you.

nodrogd
19-07-2009, 10:09
For definate, make sure you are moving to a cable serviceable address (check visually for a tee outside the property and check VM's postcode checker) as moving to an unserviceable address will likely result in you having to cough up the entire contracted amount.

BenMcr
19-07-2009, 10:36
If you are within 28 days of install then you can cancel the account as part of the money back guarantee.

If you are outside of this and you move you can take Virgin National (ADSL) and not have to pay out the cable contract.

There is no fee to move house but it does reset the contract to a new 12 months