PDA

View Full Version : How to avoid a drunk charge conviction?

Caspar
18-07-2009, 15:54
ok... a friend at work told me about a way to avoid a dui...other than NOT DRINK DRIVING IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU IDIOT! :)

...he said if you get pulled over by the coppers... what you do is have a flask of whiskey with you...get out of your car, and let them watch you drink the whiskey, and especially their in-car camera!

What would the coppers do if someone did this to them???

Matty_
18-07-2009, 15:57
Probably think your taking the **** and throw the book at you!

Can`t see it working myself, but you never know....

Wayfair
18-07-2009, 16:02
I was under the impression that the equipment back at the station could narrow down the time span so wolfing it down straight away would give completely different results...

So at the very least you are off down the station for further probing..

I may be wrong, usually am lol..

Derek
18-07-2009, 16:20

Wait 20 minutes then do them for being drunk in charge for starters. Then add in attempt pervert charges, possibly obstruction and once back at the office get a blood test done to establish how much alcohol was in the drivers system prior to the arrest.

Oh and they might not get a smile either. :)

Niles Crane
18-07-2009, 16:23
ok... a friend at work told me about a way to avoid a dui...other than NOT DRINK DRIVING IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU IDIOT! :)

...he said if you get pulled over by the coppers... what you do is have a flask of whiskey with you...get out of your car, and let them watch you drink the whiskey, and especially their in-car camera!

Probably leave you alone, go back to their car, then watch you get back in yours and drive away after drinking the whiskey.

Then they'd stop you again and arrest you for drink driving. Unless your friend is suggesting you must walk the rest of the way home or go to the police cell, anyway?

lucy7
18-07-2009, 16:27
My ex got done for drink driiving, and it wasnt a day too late.
He got 12 months, it was a while ago now.
Kept on driving, got pulled again and made up some waffle about why he was driving, it went to court and he got off on that bit.
I restate, it was a long time ago, that would not happen now.

He still drinks and drives now,
All his friends know, and never take his keys off him.
My adult kids will never get in the car with him.

Wish he would get caught again, he would not have it so easy now.

superbiatch
18-07-2009, 16:29
Am i the only person thinking why you would do this anyway?? Just don't drink and drive - SIMPLES!

Sirius
18-07-2009, 16:29
Wait 20 minutes then do them for being drunk in charge for starters. Then add in attempt pervert charges, possibly obstruction and once back at the office get a blood test done to establish how much alcohol was in the drivers system prior to the arrest.

Oh and they might not get a smile either. :)

:tu: I hate idiots that think they can drink and drive.

Reedy
18-07-2009, 16:50

My friend was killed by a drunk driver who mounted the curb, knocked him down and drove off. He drove home and when the Police tracked him down a few hours later he was sozzled. He told the Police as soon as he saw the flesh in the cars grill he started drinking even though he was driving back from a party.

He was never even sent to prison as he got off on a technicality.

AndyCambs
18-07-2009, 17:32
I agree - they would take you back to the station, and test you again, and would back-track with the lab to determine your alcohol level at the time.
you would also probably be charged with perverting the course of justice anyway.

There are other ways to lessen the alcohol readings, but I am not going into those here.

rogerdraig
18-07-2009, 17:47
I agree - they would take you back to the station, and test you again, and would back-track with the lab to determine your alcohol level at the time.
you would also probably be charged with perverting the course of justice anyway.

There are other ways to lessen the alcohol readings, but I am not going into those here.

yep best not

Sirius
18-07-2009, 17:49
Drink drivers drive knowing that they are in the wrong and should be tried with murder if they kill someone.

rogerdraig
18-07-2009, 17:51
Drink drivers drive knowing that they are in the wrong and should be tried with murder if they kill someone.

i tend to agree

TheDaddy
18-07-2009, 19:06

I have often said if anyone wanted to get away with murder they should use a car as a weapon, drunk or not.

Russ
18-07-2009, 19:29

Not necessarily. I agree that drink driving needs to be dealt with severely (and anyone caught trying to escape or evade prosecution should get 50% of the sentence added on top) but morning-after drivers are often unaware of the levels of alcohol in their system. I'm not saying that excuses them but I wouldn't say they know they're in danger.

webcrawler2050
18-07-2009, 20:00
Going to get the book thrown at you.

* License taken away / liong ban
* Possible custodial - if you have been in trouble before
* Possible Community Service - if you have been in trouble before
* Massive fine

:) Just some of the things - you cant avoid it, simple as. The rozzers see it day in day out and are too clued up!

Sirius
18-07-2009, 20:19
Not necessarily. I agree that drink driving needs to be dealt with severely (and anyone caught trying to escape or evade prosecution should get 50% of the sentence added on top) but morning-after drivers are often unaware of the levels of alcohol in their system. I'm not saying that excuses them but I wouldn't say they know they're in danger.

Sorry but if they have had a skinful the night before then it does not need the brains of a archbishop to work out the next morning you could be over the limit and instead use public transport, But hey here's an idea if you KNOW you are going to need to drive the next morning use a bit of grey matter and only have a few or better still arrange for someone else to drive the next morning.

I have no time for idiots that drink and drive and cannot see why they should be given any reason to be able to get off with it.

LondonRoad
18-07-2009, 21:36
Why do idiots still think it's OK to drink and drive and that the law is wrong. :erm:
Why would any right minded person try to circumvent a law that is designed to save their lives as well as those of the many innocents who could suffer by their irresponsible actions.
If he can afford the $$ for another drink, he should make sure he can afford the $$ for the taxi home the to$$er.

Russ
19-07-2009, 00:25
Sorry but if they have had a skinful the night before then it does not need the brains of a archbishop to work out the next morning you could be over the limit and instead use public transport, But hey here's an idea if you KNOW you are going to need to drive the next morning use a bit of grey matter and only have a few or better still arrange for someone else to drive the next morning.

I have no time for idiots that drink and drive and cannot see why they should be given any reason to be able to get off with it. I didn't say anything about having a skinful.

webcrawler2050
19-07-2009, 00:32
Personally, the simple answer is, if you're going out for a drink, even if its "one or two" get a taxi or a bus - ESPECIALLY on a Saturday - buses are pretty good, where we are on a Saturday, running right until 3AM with "special" buses.

People who risk the drink drive thing, are just brain dead or just need to make the right judgement call.

EBD3000
19-07-2009, 07:11
I have often said if anyone wanted to get away with murder they should use a car as a weapon, drunk or not.

Could be seen as manslaughter as they didn't intend to hit someone.

Whichever it is drunk drivers should be treat much more harshly. As should uninsured drivers.

When i go out with friends we're lucky as one of us is tee total so normally drives. If he's not about then its taxi's all the way.

Derek
19-07-2009, 12:25
Whichever it is drunk drivers should be treat much more harshly. As should uninsured drivers.

If you are caught drink driving you already lose your license for a minimum of 12 months. How much harsher would you go?

Kymmy
19-07-2009, 12:37
If you are caught drink driving you already lose your license for a minimum of 12 months. How much harsher would you go?

Derek, how many people though have you pulled over driving whilst disqualified with the original disqual because of drink driving??

Compared to a lot of other countries (like USA, AUS, NZ) the fines/bans here are very limited :(

You guys have a thankless task out there with some of the idiots about

Derek
19-07-2009, 13:31
Derek, how many people though have you pulled over driving whilst disqualified with the original disqual because of drink driving??

Most of them. Probably because its the easiest way to get banned. That said there are the hardcore who drink drive all the time and have utter disregard for the law.

Compared to a lot of other countries (like USA, AUS, NZ) the fines/bans here are very limited :(

I was under the impression some places like the US treat it more leniently than the UK with DUI convictions being not as harsh as the UK. :shrug:

I think the current sentencing policies are OK. I would like to see some of the loopholes closed off to avoid some people getting away with it though.

Kymmy
19-07-2009, 13:59
In the US the bans are more moderate but the fines and/or community service/jailtime are more severe. They also are more than likely to enforce rehab on a driver with a drink problem

Nidge
20-07-2009, 04:15
Anyone who DD's deserves to get caught and jailed. I witnessed what a DD can do to famlies first hand when I was with my ex. Her sister and 2 young children got wiped out by a DD, seeing a young woman and her 2 children in a chapel of rest is enough to make anyone stand up against DD's. I wouldn't hesitate in getting on the phone to the Police if anyone was drink driving.

Derek
23-07-2009, 21:52
:mad:

A prime candidate for having his legs and gear changing arm chopped off.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/display.var.2521619.0.driver_had_5_lifetime_bans.p hp

A 36-YEAR-OLD man who has five lifetime bans was caught behind the wheel during a summer drink-drive campaign.
The driver, who was stopped on the M77 near Pollok, Glasgow, refused to give a specimen after being suspected of being drunk at the wheel.

Five lifetime bans. Thats a huge amount of previous convictions for traffic offences. It'll be interesting to see what sentence he gets this time.

moaningmags
23-07-2009, 22:09
Hopefully a prison sentence :)

Hom3r
23-07-2009, 23:05
I have attached a Powerpoint slideshow that was sent to me a few years ago.

A young woman was sitting in the front seat of a car that was hit head on by a drunk driver. The car caught fire, and she was pinned in the front seat and suffered 60% burns.

The slide show contains graphic pictures of her during/after treatment, and she is used to promote anti-drink driving (last slide).

View this and see if drink drivers should get a slap on the risk.

I hope this PPS will be aloud to stay.

joglynne
23-07-2009, 23:45
That is so moving Hom3r. I have kept a copy and intend to show it to the younger members of my family who may just think twice in the future as a result of seeing this young woman's story.

Sirius
24-07-2009, 19:20
How its delt with in other countrys

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/China-Drink-Driver-Death-Penalty-Sun-Weiming-Sentenced-To-Death-Over-Chengdu-Crash/Article/200907415345626?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_15345626_China_Drink_Driver_Death_Pena lty%3A_Sun_Weiming_Sentenced_To_Death_Over_Chengdu _Crash

Hom3r
24-07-2009, 19:23
Unfortunately the Chinese do the same to minor crimes as well.

Sirius
24-07-2009, 19:33
Unfortunately the Chinese do the same to minor crimes as well.

indeed