PDA

View Full Version : Sky hd recording

juenbecks
12-07-2009, 10:26
HI

CAN YOU PLEASE CONFIRM IF YOU CAN ONLY RECORD 1 PROGRAMME AT A TIME (SAME TIME BUT DIFFERENT CHANNELS)USING THE SKY HD BOX??

ALSO,

IF I PLAY A DVD, WHEN I SWITCH IT OFF IT GOES BACK TO THE TV NOT THE SKY????:confused:

zing_deleted
12-07-2009, 10:30
you can record 2 programs as long as the box is actually on one of the channels. Do you have Scart control options on the TV setting ? I am guessing you do not have HDMI control? so the dvd auto switches the TV but the Sky does not?

mentalis
12-07-2009, 11:04
I don't think the Sky HD box has any kind of HDMI control (it could just be I haven't found it).

I have a Samsung TV, Samsung HD box, Sony DVD player and PS3. If I play a DVD then it automatically changes the TV to DVD, and if I stop the DVD it returns to what was previously selected.

All other devices require me to manually change to that channel, and then back again when finished.

zing_deleted
12-07-2009, 11:09
Its a setting that the TV has not the box. The TVdetects inputs when switched . My TV auto switches to DVD player which I set to have scart control. If I set HDMI control up on the input for my VM box it would switch to that if I took it out of standby

Charlie_Bubble
12-07-2009, 12:44
HI

IF I PLAY A DVD, WHEN I SWITCH IT OFF IT GOES BACK TO THE TV NOT THE SKY????:confused:

This is to do with your TV. It depends on the TV as to what happens when it detects there is no signal coming in to the current input. It may just go back to the default, it may stay on the input that has just finished or it may go back to what was being used before this input was selected. Unless there is something in the settings for the TV then the only way to change it owuld be to buy a new TV that you knew for sure did the change you wanted, but of course this would be a very expensive solution to a very minor problem.