PDA

View Full Version : mobile stopped accepting incoming calls today

easyt
08-07-2009, 14:34
hi all as title my g600 has today stopped recieving incoming calls when you ring it you get an engaged tone
my partner has called it from her works landline and her virgin mobile also a g600 and on the same account
there is plenty of signal no settings have been changed nor have any call barings have been put on it
i can still call out from the mobile but cant recieve any calls
the lady i rang on 789 was less than helpfull, tried to tell me that if i could ring out then the handset was fine, (if i wasnt so annoyed i would have laughed at her im not a tech support but i know there can be an incoming fault that doesnt effect outgoing calls :monkey:)
i have had this handset since november and the virgin sim card for 2 years i brought my number over from vodaphone 2 years ago

anyone any ideas, or advice what i can do next as at this moment i have been left with a statement from the lady at virgin mobile telling me there is nothing wrong so in effect i am being told i am going to pay for a mobile phone that can only call out :mad:

easyt
08-07-2009, 16:38
ok update incase anyone else gets this
i called virgin mobile back and this time the call was answered in the uk,
as soon as i said i cant get incoming calls she asked if i had been with vodaphone before virgin, i was told it was a known issue (although it was a very new issue) that was being worked on and was causing problems for customers who had migrated their number to virgin from vodaphone but the tech guys or engineers (cant remember which she said) were working on it
as of 16.30 i can now again recieve incoming calls

Matthew
08-07-2009, 18:19
Apparently there was a problem with Vodafone this morning, I wasnt aware of any problems but people apparently couldnt recieve any calls on Vodafone.