PDA

View Full Version : Virgin or T-Mobile?

phoopt
08-07-2009, 14:01
I have been using a 300 + 300 Virgin sim card in a Nokia 6300 (originally locked to Orange) for about 18 months. I have another 6300 phone which has been unlocked from Vodafone and I tried my Virgin sim card in it. It worked well, but it displays T-Mobile network rather than Virgin network as it does in my original 6300. Same sim card, two phones, both 6300, both unlocked but displays are different. Any ideas?

Peter_
08-07-2009, 15:09
Virgin uses the T-Mobile network for their mobile service and it could that the other phone is a bit older and only shows it as T-Moblie which happened when Cellnet changed its name to O2 with some phones.

phoopt
08-07-2009, 15:54
Thanks Moldova. As they both function fully, I have no problem with the difference in display. My curiousness got the better of me that's all. Interestingly, the older phone is the one that identifies Virgin and the more recent phone with a more recent software version displays T-Mobile.
Hey ho...thanks again.

Peter_
08-07-2009, 15:56
Thanks Moldova. As they both function fully, I have no problem with the difference in display. My curiousness got the better of me that's all. Interestingly, the older phone is the one that identifies Virgin and the more recent phone with a more recent software version displays T-Mobile.
Hey ho...thanks again.
Might be something to do with the unlocking software used.