PDA

View Full Version : Double Cross

testcard
07-07-2009, 19:22
My daughter had tv, phone and broadband installed a few weeks ago.

Tonight I phoned her on Virgin cable line, she answered as normal and a few minutes later the guy a few flats away tried to make a call from his phone.

We had a talk and he was saying his phone kept ringing. Seemed a nice bloke
but the implications of this could be staggering.

Daughter is a tad cross, any comments?

harpz790
07-07-2009, 21:47
Hi,
have they got the same phone number?if so sound's like someone has put two people on one line in the cabinet in the street or at the exchange try virgin first if its there fault it doesn't take long to sort.
hope this helps.

jungleguy
07-07-2009, 22:42
I don't understand, did this turn into a conferences call with the neighbor?

webcrawler2050
08-07-2009, 00:11

Tonight I phoned her on Virgin cable line, she answered as normal and a few minutes later the guy a few flats away tried to make a call from his phone.

Could be a wiring issue - call VM tech support with immediate effect.

Peter_
08-07-2009, 00:23

That sounds very similar to what BT used to call a Party line you got the phone line cheaper but shared the line and could not make a call if the other person was on the phone, you could listen in though.:D

It should not happen and you need to call faults to get an engineer out to fix it asap.

virgin_tech
08-07-2009, 18:38
the installer has put the jumper wires in the node into the wrong krone slot... if the installer gave ur daughter the same telephone number as her neighbors then he has done the usual bodge job and lied to her to get away quickly