PDA

View Full Version : Re:Wlan wi-fi

gep
04-07-2009, 20:45
Hello all, i have stopped my mobile internet, and want to connect via wi-fi/wlan by my mobile phone. I have a Nokia N82, which is fully able.

I get a message saying, Pre-shared key for WLan and when i try and type in the cable modem password, it says, connecting, then it says, Wlan:Unable to connect Invalid WPA pre-shared key.

Wlan is on etc. My Broadbands and computer are on.

Thanks, Gep

deathtrap3000
04-07-2009, 21:14
You have a router?
Does it have the key on it?

gep
04-07-2009, 22:47
Hello deathtrap3000, i have got a Netgear Virgin Router, if you mean by "Key"
the Password, then yes, i have tried the password, just comes back with the message, "Pre-shared key for WLan and when i try and type in the cable modem password, it says, connecting, then it says, Wlan:Unable to connect Invalid WPA pre-shared key."

Thanks, gep

easyt
08-07-2009, 14:57
gep
does your phone support the routers encryption setting? ie 64 or 128 bit wep

have you made sure the routers security filters are not set to only allow certain mac/ip addresses you have already added to the list?

LondonRoad
08-07-2009, 15:23
The password you're using may be the admin password for the router. Can you log in to the router using that password or do you use a different password to log onto your router.?

If you log onto the router you should be able to see what the security settings are and check that it is compatible with your phone as suggested by easyt