PDA

View Full Version : Whats the longest you been on hold

Central
30-06-2009, 12:13
On the phone.

I am on hold to Vodafone at the moment. Been on hold now for 1 hour and 7 minutes. Not even spoke to anyone yet.

Whats yours?

Russ
30-06-2009, 12:14
I have to say I very rarely time myself while on hold....

Central
30-06-2009, 12:19
Well my mobile does

zing_deleted
30-06-2009, 12:21
over 3 hours on hold for uk online used to have a corded phone with speaker and just leave it on

Woolly One
30-06-2009, 12:24
On the phone.

I am on hold to Vodafone at the moment. Been on hold now for 1 hour and 7 minutes. Not even spoke to anyone yet.

Whats yours?

Only hope thats not costing you!

Stuart
30-06-2009, 12:24
1 1/2 hours on hold to cancel a subscription to a magazine I never ordered in the first place (the magazine I had subscribed to closed, and they transferred my subscription without me asking or even telling me). To make matters worse, they cut me off after that 1 1/2 hours because the office was closed. I had to phone back the next morning.

Central
30-06-2009, 12:32
Coming up to 90 minutes now

superbiatch
30-06-2009, 12:36
Personally I'd rather spend my time doing something else than listening to music that isn't my choice (thats if there is any at all!), would an email not suffice?

Central
30-06-2009, 12:39
Personally I'd rather spend my time doing something else than listening to music that isn't my choice (thats if there is any at all!), would an email not suffice?

I emailed them 10 days ago. Got told a reply within 5. Got nothing

lauzjp
30-06-2009, 12:49
Probably an hour and a half, though I can't recall who with - ntl or vodafone methinks. :td:

joglynne
30-06-2009, 12:52
I was not happy with the amount of a proposed revised amount on a DD with British Gas. I phoned their 0800 number first thing in the morning, was answered very quickly which I though boded well, then asked to wait whilst the guy when to speak to his supervisor. He left me with an open line to his office and I was at first happy to eavesdrop over my speakerphone whilst I carried on working.

I don't know where his supervisor was located but he never came back to speak to me and I found I could not break the connection. Some hours later after frequent ineffective blasts of a whistle down the line I heard a voice ask who was using the phone then the line went dead and I at last got the use of my phone line. I reckon I was 'holding on' for over 4 hours but at least it was a free call.

Woolly One
30-06-2009, 13:09
Have you tried hitting the # key repeatly? IIRC that might get you to the head of the Q. There was a TV prog on a while ago which gave you shortcuts to beat the hold system, the # key was one of them. Sorry can't remember which show it was on, and couldn't find anything via Uncle Google:)

dd11
30-06-2009, 13:13
another annoying thing is when it just hangs up on you, even after you've been on hold for a while. Whats with that? is it done on purpose by them just to clear the lines or something?

matt-h
30-06-2009, 13:17
About an hour and 20 minutes whilst trying to get through to NTL ...

Paul
30-06-2009, 13:22
Im generally not patient enough to last more than about 20 minutes, I'll just give up then.

downquark1
30-06-2009, 13:32
On the old NYNEX or NTL I'm sure I was on for upward of 3 hours.

Turkey Machine
30-06-2009, 14:06
1 and a half hours to MicroDirect. Was a good few years ago. :mad:

I won't now stay on the phone on hold longer than 10 or 20 minutes.

Bex
01-07-2009, 19:45
I normally get bored with 20 minutes, but I know people who have been on hold for an hour! The worst is when the hold music is appalling

Sirius
01-07-2009, 19:50
Many moons ago i did a stint of 1 hour 20 to BT customer services. Today i did 3 stints of 20, 25, and 21 mins each with 02 as i kept having the phone put down at the end of each stint :mad: . 02 have got to have the worse customer services i have had to deal with in a while.

My phone keeps a record of call lengths

GeoffW
05-07-2009, 11:00
Most call centres are measured on the number of abandoned calls, that may give you some satisfaction as you give up waiting and hang up.

Callumpy
05-07-2009, 11:09
5 - 10 mins, i hate the music and give up.

xpod
05-07-2009, 11:57
I wont spend too long on hold to anyone before hanging up.
If i`m not expecting calls i`ll put the phone on speaker and probably wait a bit longer but i certainly wouldn`t...couldn`t sit for over an hour,not on hold anyway.
Worse than being on hold for hours,i`d imagine, is spending hours on the phone,being passed from pillar to post and back again.You spend all that time apparently getting your issue solved but low and behold nothing that was promised comes to pass and as soon as you call back up theres allegedly no record of anything having been done. ..as though you`d never called the previous time at all.

As far as call center type places are concerned the first thing i do whenever i get through to someone is ask their name and where the call-center i`m through to is based.That way if anything goes wrong during the call,or anything that is promised never materializes then at least i`ve got someone to blame.

superbiatch
05-07-2009, 12:20
Many moons ago i did a stint of 1 hour 20 to BT customer services. Today i did 3 stints of 20, 25, and 21 mins each with 02 as i kept having the phone put down at the end of each stint :mad: . 02 have got to have the worse customer services i have had to deal with in a while.

My phone keeps a record of call lengths

This was happening to me a few weeks ago when I was on my old contract, just get through to someone and it'd go dead! So annoying.

The funny thing is when you go over to the iPhone, you have your own customer service who are 100% helpful and go above and beyond IMO. Then at the end of the call they ask if you would complete a customer service survey which is a few questions (press 1 for this, 2 for that etc) and seriously I did not mind giving an honest opinion. If only o2 rolled this out across their whole CS team they might find they get a better press.

Halcyon
05-07-2009, 23:10
For me it was about 1 hour and a half calling World Online years ago.

As for VirginMedia, I tend to get through normally within 10 minutes.

---------- Post added at 23:10 ---------- Previous post was at 23:02 ----------

This will lighten up the fustration some people have on phoneline holding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFGsWKDjCSk

lucy7
06-07-2009, 14:55
42 minutes Sky.

26 insurance company.

If I had been paying for the calls I would of hung up, but I rang from my hubbies office! ;)

---------- Post added at 14:55 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

Just remebered an old ploy I was taught by hubby, always go to the line that takes you to "I wish to purchase" or "I want to cancel" options, they usually pick up straight away on those options!