PDA

View Full Version : receiving Duplicate Text Messages

ferdy
29-06-2009, 17:02
I am new to Virgin Mobile having been with Orange for over 5 years but was tempted by the £8.50 deal. The change over was rather torturous but we got there in the end. LG500 phone supplied. Very pretty and I have just about got my head round it. However, I now find that I am getting random duplicate texts sent to me from contacts who I have queried the problem with and never experienced a problem with before when I was using Virgin. I havent got duplicate contacts on handset and phone either. I spoke to Virgin technical people and the service guy was rather dismissive and said that I was very lucky that it had never happened before to me. His advice was to swap out the sim with my old phone and see if it happened still. BUT seeing as how I am already a Virgin Broadband and Phone customer and have experienced their disastrous customer services before (WHY I ever let myself get talked into swapping mobile providers to them I dont know) - I thought I would just check to see if anyone else is experiencing a problem? Thanks.

rickyg01
29-06-2009, 17:40
ive always found virgin mobile support good,

so that would be a good swap.

ive had that happen before but it wasn't with virgin, and it ended up being a handset problem, ( something like the text part off the network wasnt receiveing a response back saying the handset recieved it so kept sending it )

try the sim card in a different phone,