PDA

View Full Version : sandals with or without socks ?

papa smurf
28-06-2009, 13:57
now the summers here it's time to discuss that age old question with or without socks;)

i think chequered ones say it all [i am a fashion statement]
they give that look of elegance to the drabbest of footwear..

Peter_
28-06-2009, 14:00
Without socks but plenty of sunscreen unless you want sunstroke.

Russ
28-06-2009, 14:01
Never ever ever EVER wear socks with sandals. Ever.

In fact I feel like banning you from the forum just for even asking it.

Peter_
28-06-2009, 14:03
Any excuse just because the are no spammers to use the button:D:D:D

Julian
28-06-2009, 14:03
If you're not wearing long pants then whatever you have on your feet must NOT include socks.

zing_deleted
28-06-2009, 14:04

I disagree

Bare foot as long as your feet are in good condition if they are not then wear socks :) not white and not those in your pics

I found a nasty pic on google images to illustrate my view however it was to nasty to post

papa smurf

just think of me as wok quang or some other fashion icon ,i'm out there making a statement one day the world will follow;)

Russ
Ever.

zing_deleted
28-06-2009, 14:06
Ever.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.erc.montana.edu/biofilmbook/MODULE_07/IMAGES/ClinicalEvidence/DiabeticFootEg.jpg&imgrefurl=http://about-vitamin.blogspot.com/2008/07/are-you-at-risk-of-diabetic-foot.html&usg=__kVLEGNnWka4bEDevVtEV8Buu7tA=&h=674&w=300&sz=205&hl=en&start=8&tbnid=oY-soEgoGURdQM:&tbnh=138&tbnw=61&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfoot%2Bproblems%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D20 %26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN look at this is it still ever?

Caspar
28-06-2009, 14:08
Without.

And you're not wearing sandals in that shot? :confused:

lucy7
Plenty of old guys wear socks with sandals, not really a good look.

I used to think flip flops on men was gross, now I think its a nice look!

Not nice though if you have got manky feet and toe nails!
Stick to socks then!

Russ
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.erc.montana.edu/biofilmbook/MODULE_07/IMAGES/ClinicalEvidence/DiabeticFootEg.jpg&imgrefurl=http://about-vitamin.blogspot.com/2008/07/are-you-at-risk-of-diabetic-foot.html&usg=__kVLEGNnWka4bEDevVtEV8Buu7tA=&h=674&w=300&sz=205&hl=en&start=8&tbnid=oY-soEgoGURdQM:&tbnh=138&tbnw=61&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfoot%2Bproblems%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D20 %26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN look at this is it still ever?

Yes.

Never ever wear socks with sandals. Ever. The fashion crime of eternity. The only possible exception would be for medical reasons but other than that - never.

Hom3r
I had some idiot who whore socks with sandles.

Oh yeah and a 3 piece suite

lucy7
28-06-2009, 14:09

That nearly made me sick!

zing_deleted
28-06-2009, 14:10
Yes.

Never ever wear socks with sandals. Ever. The fashion crime of eternity. The only possible exception would be for medical reasons but other than that - never.

so its not never ever ever then like I said

lucy7
I had some idiot who whore socks with sandles.

Oh yeah and a 3 piece suite

Is that suit or suite???;):)

papa smurf
Without.

And you're not wearing sandals in that shot? :confused:

thats not me my feet are small and cuddly :D

zing_deleted
That nearly made me sick!

And Russ thinks they should not wear socks with sandels ;)

Russ
28-06-2009, 14:13
And Russ thinks they should not wear socks with sandels ;)

You missed out the word 'ever'.

papa smurf
28-06-2009, 14:15
Plenty of old guys wear socks with sandals, not really a good look.

I used to think flip flops on men was gross, now I think its a nice look!

Not nice though if you have got manky feet and toe nails!
Stick to socks then!

the lads at work say i shouldn't wear flip flops on my motor cycle ,but what do they know :)

papa smurf
28-06-2009, 14:27
You missed out the word 'ever'.

sockist

socks have feelings you know;)

Graham M
28-06-2009, 14:28
Without socks but plenty of sunscreen unless you want sunstroke.

How would Sunscreen help against Hyperthermia? :erm:

Peter_
28-06-2009, 14:38
How would Sunscreen help against Hyperthermia? :erm:
Hyperthermia is being to cold, Sunstroke is caused by sunburn which I had on holiday 2 years ago when I burnt my lower legs that had no socks on without sunscreen and I got sunstroke, a never to repeated experience, plus it was in this country.

So sunscreen is essential as we tend to keep our legs covered all year till we go on holiday and wear shorts.

v0id
28-06-2009, 14:55

The same can be said for wearing socks with shorts

superbiatch
28-06-2009, 14:57
Dark socks are fine with dark Brikenstocks, but i must add 'only' Birkenstocks seen as they are very fashionable again atm ;)

And hard skin showing is a deffo no-no for either sex :sick:

Keyz333
28-06-2009, 14:58
OK, How about, you do NOT wear socks with Sandals, and if you have bad feet, Don't wear Sandals? :D

Russ
28-06-2009, 15:05
OK, How about, you do NOT wear socks with Sandals, and if you have bad feet, Don't wear Sandals? :D

Sounds good to me. Socks with sandals always makes me think of middle aged ramblers and campers - nothing really wrong with that of course.....unless you are a middle aged camper or rambler.

papa smurf
28-06-2009, 15:06
The same can be said for wearing socks with shorts

sandals shorts socks = the holy trinity of fashion;)

quote russ b

Sounds good to me. Socks with sandals always makes me think of middle aged ramblers and campers - nothing really wrong with that of course.....unless you are a middle aged camper or rambler.

two out three for me

lucy7
28-06-2009, 15:09
Hope we are not talking about Jesus sandals here? ;)

:tiptoe:

papa smurf
28-06-2009, 15:11
Hope we are not talking about Jesus sandals here? ;)

:tiptoe:

is there any other kind

lucy7
28-06-2009, 15:11
sandals shorts socks = the holy trinity of fashion;)

quote russ b

two out three for me

Which two papa?

Camp and middle aged?;)

papa smurf
28-06-2009, 15:14
Which two papa?

Camp and middle aged?;)

you seem to have missed out the er;)

Charlie_Bubble
28-06-2009, 15:38
I'm surprised that nobody has linked the home of the sock and sandal lover: www.sandalandsoxer.co.uk (http://www.sandalandsoxer.co.uk/home.htm)

Peter_
28-06-2009, 15:39
I'm surprised that nobody has linked the home of the sock and sandal lover: www.sandalandsoxer.co.uk (http://www.sandalandsoxer.co.uk/home.htm)
That will be papa smurfs home page no doubt.

Russ
28-06-2009, 15:41

ARGH!! My eyes!!! :disturbd:

fireman328
28-06-2009, 15:47
No socks or sandals please !

zing_deleted
28-06-2009, 15:47
In the end anyone should be able to wear what they want as long as common decency is adhered and those who wish to force what they believe to be "fashion" need to be told where to go. Fashion and the fashion industry with their size 0 models forcing unobtainable images at people have a lot to answer for. If you want to wear socks with sandels then do it what other people think means nothing

bw41101
28-06-2009, 15:49
Wearing sandals is okay providing it's in the right context, I.e. summer time when it's warm, with shorts and without socks.

Those who wear them at other times (especially men) look like tawts (anag).

Si thee :Sprint:

Roseblue
28-06-2009, 15:49
Without. Sandals are for letting the air get to your feet. Why would anyone want to wear socks with sandals?

Peter_
28-06-2009, 15:53
Wearing sandals is okay providing it's in the right context, I.e. summer time when it's warm, with shorts and without socks.

Those who wear them at other times (especially men) look like tawts (anag).

Si thee :Sprint:
The same can be said for blokes over the age of 14 wearing 3/4 trousers as they either fit your description above or look like Smee from Peter Pan.

papa smurf
28-06-2009, 15:54
The same can be said for blokes over the age of 14 wearing 3/4 trousers as they either fit your description above or look like Smee from Peter Pan.

thanks thats just ruined my holiday;)

lucy7
28-06-2009, 15:56
In the end anyone should be able to wear what they want as long as common decency is adhered and those who wish to force what they believe to be "fashion" need to be told where to go. Fashion and the fashion industry with their size 0 models forcing unobtainable images at people have a lot to answer for. If you want to wear socks with sandels then do it what other people think means nothing

Oh zing!
What a PC answer!

The fashion police pay well you know, wanna join up?;):);)

---------- Post added at 15:56 ---------- Previous post was at 15:56 ----------

Funniest thread for ages!

papa smurf
28-06-2009, 16:05
i prefer this look when i'm playing around -mmmm sporty

dilli-theclaw
28-06-2009, 16:06
I would not like to wear anything that would expose the world to my feet :)

Peter_
28-06-2009, 16:10
thanks thats just ruined my holiday;)
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/06/11.jpg (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.hoosierwoodindiana.com/Smee1.JPG&imgrefurl=http://www.hoosierwoodindiana.com/galleryDisneyVideos.html&h=1104&w=782&sz=86&tbnid=HYWmFmD2PdPntM:&tbnh=150&tbnw=106&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpictures%2Bof%2Bsmee&hl=en&usg=__D0aztkOly6gdUeIg2o2cgNnpo4M=&ei=RIdHStTlJpqQjAeq7Llj&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=1&ct=image)Holiday pic

Sirius
28-06-2009, 16:11
I never wear socks with sandals.

papa smurf
28-06-2009, 16:13
I never wear socks with sandals.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

zing_deleted
28-06-2009, 16:24
Oh zing!
What a PC answer!

The fashion police pay well you know, wanna join up?;):);)

---------- Post added at 15:56 ---------- Previous post was at 15:56 ----------

Funniest thread for ages!

how much you wanna pay me? lol

Hugh
28-06-2009, 17:00
No socks, please - we're British.

(even with Birkenstocks - well, I don't....)

Angua
28-06-2009, 17:13
Socks with sandals can be forgiven for walkers, but only plain light colours and definitely not half way up the leg.

I have to endure a husband who will never wear sandals and who wears socks & trainers with shorts where the dark socks are half way up his huge white calf above slim ankles. :shocked:

bw41101
28-06-2009, 17:15

Oh absolutely - couldn't agree more!

Si thee

Maggy
28-06-2009, 17:19
I see absolutely no point in wearing sandals and socks.:rolleyes:

If your feet are that disgusting that they should not be seen just wear shoes and be done with it.

zing_deleted
28-06-2009, 18:06
I see absolutely no point in wearing sandals and socks.:rolleyes:

If your feet are that disgusting that they should not be seen just wear shoes and be done with it.

Sorry but who are you to tell anyone that? maybe the person who has "disgusting feet" has a medical problem such as diabeties for all you know they could be on the road to recovery and shoes hurt to much so they decide to wear sandals and to stop "disgusting people" they wear thin cotton socks so they are comfortable and not upsetting anyone . Oh except the do not wear socks with sandels brigade.

No one and I mean no one tells me how to dress in my free time and the only time I will adhere to a code is when I go to wedding and funerals the rest of the time im casual

I can not see why so many people are actually posting like it matters ffs

Hugh
28-06-2009, 18:11
Perhaps because it is (mostly) done in a light-hearted, let's not take it too seriously way........

peanut
28-06-2009, 18:22
You know you can build up a mental picture of people on here, and out of everyone here I think of Foreverwar as the type who would wear jesus creepers with knee high brown socks (no matter what he says). Just all fits too well. Scary. :erm: :shocked:

Maggy
28-06-2009, 18:33
Sorry but who are you to tell anyone that? maybe the person who has "disgusting feet" has a medical problem such as diabeties for all you know they could be on the road to recovery and shoes hurt to much so they decide to wear sandals and to stop "disgusting people" they wear thin cotton socks so they are comfortable and not upsetting anyone . Oh except the do not wear socks with sandels brigade.

No one and I mean no one tells me how to dress in my free time and the only time I will adhere to a code is when I go to wedding and funerals the rest of the time im casual

I can not see why so many people are actually posting like it matters ffs

I apologise to all those with medical problems I never thought about them.I gather they will wear sandals in the middle of winter as well,that must be a real bummer.

So zing socks or no socks for you?;)

papa smurf
28-06-2009, 18:35
You know you can build up a mental picture of people on here, and out of everyone here I think of Foreverwar as the type who would wear jesus creepers with knee high brown socks (no matter what he says). Just all fits too well. Scary. :erm: :shocked:

and what an iconic fashion statement that picture brings to mind;)

Russ
28-06-2009, 18:40
I don't think anyone is telling people what (or what not) to wear - and let's face it even if they were, who the hell is going to pay any attention?

papa smurf
28-06-2009, 18:45
I don't think anyone is telling people what (or what not) to wear - and let's face it even if they were, who the hell is going to pay any attention?

your so right russ, and it was always meant to be taken in a light hearted and fun way :)

Hugh
28-06-2009, 19:14
Birkenstocks with brown socks - how dreadfully parvenu; and I don't live in the country! ;)

(Never wear brown in town...........) (http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/2007/02/brown-in-town.html)

alferret
28-06-2009, 19:19
LMAO excellent thread, whilst on our honeymoon my wife & I would see how many different people we could see with sandals & socks. Some days it was up in the 20's.

Socks is a no no.

Hugh
28-06-2009, 19:22
LMAO excellent thread, whilst on our honeymoon my wife & I would see how many different people we could see with sandals & socks. Some days it was up in the 20's.

Socks is a no no.

We could create a new trend - knee length stripey toe socks with sandals. :D

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/06/10.jpg

Russ
28-06-2009, 19:24
We could create a new trend - knee length stripey toe socks with sandals. :D

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/06/10.jpg

ARGH!!!

Those things FREAK ME OUT. They're like....gloves.....but for feet... :disturbd:

zing_deleted
28-06-2009, 19:28
I apologise to all those with medical problems I never thought about them.I gather they will wear sandals in the middle of winter as well,that must be a real bummer.

So zing socks or no socks for you?;)

It depends. I rarely wear socks full stop ive always prefered being bare footed and if I am at home I will be as such. Sandals I do not own any as such I sometimes wear those croc type plastic things for slobbing around locally. I always wear socks with trainers though wether I am in shorts or not

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

these 2 statements do not go together

Russ
28-06-2009, 19:31
these 2 statements do not go together

If anyone seriously though I was literal about banning someone for asking a question about fashion then maybe they themselves need a camping or rambling weekend away with some middle aged people in sandals and socks....:spin:

zing_deleted
28-06-2009, 19:32
Perhaps because it is (mostly) done in a light-hearted, let's not take it too seriously way........

some people are serious about it. I am serious when it comes to someone imposing values on me. Lets face it maybe socks and sandals is a lighthearted subject but behind it is a prejudice in some parts of society and many many screwed up people at the hands of so called "fashion"

---------- Post added at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

If anyone seriously though I was literal about banning someone for asking a question about fashion then maybe they themselves need a camping or rambling weekend away with some middle aged people in sandals and socks....:spin:

I never took that part serious but you are serious of the never ever though. Even when I shown you a case for someone wearing socks you didnt bend that ever. Many a true word spoken in jest maybe some people are posting how they actually feel in jest I dunno?

I apoligise for not seeing this thread in the light way it is meant but I was bullied at school partly due to not wearing fashionable clothing

papa smurf
28-06-2009, 19:33
its on the catwalks
groovy or what;)

Russ
28-06-2009, 19:37
I never took that part serious but you are serious of the never ever though. Even when I shown you a case for someone wearing socks you didnt bend that ever. Many a true word spoken in jest maybe some people are posting how they actually feel in jest I dunno?

Am I reading a different thread here? Someone asks for opinions on whether they should wear something, I give my opinion and now I'm getting flack for it?!

It's something I feel strongly about, I really don't like that look. Do I treat anyone differently for it? I hope not because my father wears socks with sandals. Am I red repping anyone for saying they they wear them too? No! Am I slagging people off for wearing them? No! Am I saying you're any less of a person for being in favour of them? No!

zing_deleted
28-06-2009, 19:42
Am I reading a different thread here? Someone asks for opinions on whether they should wear something, I give my opinion and now I'm getting flack for it?!

It's something I feel strongly about, I really don't like that look. Do I treat anyone differently for it? I hope not because my father wears socks with sandals. Am I red repping anyone for saying they they wear them too? No! Am I slagging people off for wearing them? No! Am I saying you're any less of a person for being in favour of them? No!

where have I said I am in favour of them? I am neutral I do not feel strongly about clothes anyone wears as long as it does not hide their identity to the world.

Russ
28-06-2009, 19:44
where have I said I am in favour of them? I am neutral I do not feel strongly about clothes anyone wears as long as it does not hide their identity to the world.

I feel exactly the same - but if I'm asked my opinion I will give it, as has happened here.

zing_deleted
28-06-2009, 19:47
hold on Russ sorry but you just said

It's something I feel strongly about, I really don't like that look

then when I say I am neutral you say you feel the same sorry no comprehendo :)

incidentally no one has received a red rep from me in this thread either the post a couple ago could be seen to infer I may have done :)

Russ
28-06-2009, 19:48
(sigh)

I agree with..

I am neutral I do not feel strongly about clothes anyone wears as long as it does not hide their identity to the world.

But if I'm asked my opinion then I give it.

zing_deleted
28-06-2009, 19:51
(sigh)

I agree with..

But if I'm asked my opinion then I give it.

I know you are getting cheesed off with me Russ but I feel I have to push this across as it can not be both.

you said

It's something I feel strongly about, I really don't like that look
and then you say you agree with

I do not feel strongly about clothes anyone wears as long as it does not hide their identity to the world.

do you agree that it does not matter if someone wears socks with sandals or not :)

Russ
28-06-2009, 19:53
Seriously, I've got more important things to be 'cheesed off' with. I really don't have to explain myself, after all you seem to be the only person taking issue here...

zing_deleted
28-06-2009, 19:56
no taking issue really Russ just wondering why you say one thing and then say the opposite within a couple of posts. Either you feel strongly about it or you dont if you dont why say you do and if you do why say you dont? :)

Russ
28-06-2009, 19:58
no taking issue really Russ just wondering why you say one thing and then say the opposite within a couple of posts. Either you feel strongly about it or you dont if you dont why say you do and if you do why say you dont? :)

Tell you what, I'll leave you to ponder that one.

Halcyon
28-06-2009, 20:16
Never wear socks with sandels. It is the biggest crime ever!

And if you are wearing trainers, only white socks!

papa smurf
28-06-2009, 20:30
Never wear socks with sandels. It is the biggest crime ever!

And if you are wearing trainers, only white socks!

nice pair of chequered socks with the old jesus boots looks a treat with a nice tank top ;)

lucy7
28-06-2009, 22:15
Congaratulations on a light hearted thread getting so many responses!!

Twas a light hearted thread surely guys?????

Was from my end!

MovedGoalPosts
28-06-2009, 22:21
This thread needed a vote ;)

Peter_
28-06-2009, 22:22
Congaratulations on a light hearted thread getting so many responses!!

Twas a light hearted thread surely guys?????

Was from my end!
It was lighthearted, but it reminded me of my sunstroke caused by wearing shorts and trainers without socks and no sunscreen on my milk white calfs.

frogstamper
28-06-2009, 22:26
I'm at an age now that whatever feels comfy I'll go with, much to my daughters embarrassment.:)
Having said that even I'd not wear socks with sandals.

lucy7
28-06-2009, 22:28
It was lighthearted, but it reminded me of my sunstroke caused by wearing shorts and trainers without socks and no sunscreen on my milk white calfs.

I got big toe sunburn once...............painfull!

Just shows you have to put the cream everywhere!

Peter_
28-06-2009, 22:33
I'm at an age now that whatever feels comfy I'll go with, much to my daughters embarrassment.:)
Having said that even I'd not wear socks with sandals.
As long as you do not go for the Smee look with 3/4 trousers that no man over the age of 14 should wear
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/06/9.jpg (http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.hoosierwoodindiana.com/Smee1.JPG&imgrefurl=http://olivea.wordpress.com/2008/08/01/just-call-me-smee/&h=1104&w=782&sz=86&tbnid=HYWmFmD2PdPntM:&tbnh=150&tbnw=106&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsmee%2Bpeter%2Bpan&hl=en&usg=__eVY5gMWExedAh0V79HkUeW0Xqe0=&ei=CuFHSsLoF-eMjAfV-bieCA&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=1&ct=image)

lucy7
28-06-2009, 22:37
Right.....is it sandals or sandels? :confused:

frogstamper
28-06-2009, 22:40
As long as you do not go for the Smee look with 3/4 trousers that no man over the age of 14 should wear
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/06/9.jpg (http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.hoosierwoodindiana.com/Smee1.JPG&imgrefurl=http://olivea.wordpress.com/2008/08/01/just-call-me-smee/&h=1104&w=782&sz=86&tbnid=HYWmFmD2PdPntM:&tbnh=150&tbnw=106&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsmee%2Bpeter%2Bpan&hl=en&usg=__eVY5gMWExedAh0V79HkUeW0Xqe0=&ei=CuFHSsLoF-eMjAfV-bieCA&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=1&ct=image)

Thats what I'll be wearing to London on Tuesday;)

---------- Post added at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was at 22:39 ----------

Right.....is it sandals or sandels? :confused:

My spellchecker says sandals, even though I'd spell it sandels:confused:

Peter_
28-06-2009, 22:42
Thats what I'll be wearing to London on Tuesday;)

---------- Post added at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was at 22:39 ----------

My spellchecker says sandals, even though I'd spell it sandels:confused:
Your spellchecker is correct

cuggle
28-06-2009, 23:22
Asked the boss and she said never wear socks with sandals and guess what? i don't

Pia
29-06-2009, 00:59
lol! Long thread, i haven't read it all.

However, if you're wearing sandals then it's to keep your feet cool so wearing socks is silly, unnecessary and looks silly.

I never wear socks anyway, but if i'm wearing heels, which is rare i have to wear tights or something cos they rub and it hurts on bare feet. Blisters :td:

Angua
29-06-2009, 08:57
Backless sandals have no place with socks ever. :no:

A plea to anyone who has to wear socks with sandals for whatever reason, at least have heel straps.

Graham M
29-06-2009, 09:24
Hyperthermia is being to cold, Sunstroke is caused by sunburn which I had on holiday 2 years ago when I burnt my lower legs that had no socks on without sunscreen and I got sunstroke, a never to repeated experience, plus it was in this country.

So sunscreen is essential as we tend to keep our legs covered all year till we go on holiday and wear shorts.

*Buzz!* wrong, no HypOthermia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothermia) is where your body's temperature drops below normal and cannot be maintained by the normal methods, Hyperthermia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperthermia) (AKA Sunstroke, Heatstroke) is where your body's temperature raises too high and your body is unable to cope using its normal heat dissipation methods, you can get sunstroke regardless of whether you or wearing factor 3 million or not, wearing sunscreen will protect you against Sunburn, and I suppose in the long term, Skin Cancer, but nothing more, the only way to not get Sun-stroke/Hyperthermia/Heat-Stroke is to just not get too hot ;)

Peter_
29-06-2009, 10:21
*Buzz!* wrong, no HypOthermia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothermia) is where your body's temperature drops below normal and cannot be maintained by the normal methods, Hyperthermia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperthermia) (AKA Sunstroke, Heatstroke) is where your body's temperature raises too high and your body is unable to cope using its normal heat dissipation methods, you can get sunstroke regardless of whether you or wearing factor 3 million or not, wearing sunscreen will protect you against Sunburn, and I suppose in the long term, Skin Cancer, but nothing more, the only way to not get Sun-stroke/Hyperthermia/Heat-Stroke is to just not get too hot ;)
I burnt my legs by sitting in the sun for about an hour I ended up sick and shivering and was diagnosed by the hospital as having sunstroke by a doctor and treated for it.

I even ended up with my legs wrapped in cling film and daubed in a special cream to help the healing process.

Most people in this country never bear the legs for any long period so when they do as I did they should ensure a high factor suncream is used on their legs.

I go with the doctors diagnosis as it was not a self diagnosis.

Correcting me with links is of no consequence because it actually happened to me and I was relating my first hand experience.

Fingy
29-06-2009, 10:56
Crocs with no socks... everyone should wear Crocs. End of.

zing_deleted
29-06-2009, 11:10
I burnt my legs by sitting in the sun for about an hour I ended up sick and shivering and was diagnosed by the hospital as having sunstroke by a doctor and treated for it.

I even ended up with my legs wrapped in cling film and daubed in a special cream to help the healing process.

Most people in this country never bear the legs for any long period so when they do as I did they should ensure a high factor suncream is used on their legs.

I go with the doctors diagnosis as it was not a self diagnosis.

Correcting me with links is of no consequence because it actually happened to me and I was relating my first hand experience.

The links are valid though?

Its common to see mistakes when it comes to Hyper and Hypo when it comes to medicine hyper and hypo glycemia being common and hyper and hypo tension being another

you said

Originally Posted by Moldova http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/22/33651987-sandals-with-or-without-socks-post-34823184.html#post34823184)

which is wrong hypothermia would have been correct

You yourself if you had sunstroke suffered from hyperthermia

lauzjp
29-06-2009, 11:12
I have moc-crocs, and they will 'do'. ;)

As for sandals with / without socks - if I see someone with socks I have to tell them off. Sorry, I don't care how old you are, married or not, etc. socks and sandals are just a huge NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It looks hideous, and is probably unhygenic too?

Fingy
29-06-2009, 11:16
No no no no NO!

Fake Crocs are just not as comfy as the real thing sorry. Some sites are doing a BOGOF on them over the summer... think if I were to get any more though my hubby may chuck me out of the house. ;)

zing_deleted
29-06-2009, 11:17
I have moc-crocs, and they will 'do'. ;)

As for sandals with / without socks - if I see someone with socks I have to tell them off. Sorry, I don't care how old you are, married or not, etc. socks and sandals are just a huge NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It looks hideous, and is probably unhygenic too?

lol how so?

arcamalpha2004
29-06-2009, 11:27
If it's socks with sandles this style rocks !

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/06/2.jpg?v=0

lauzjp
29-06-2009, 11:27
don't your feet sweat more being in socks? Think of all that ick between the toes, especially if it's black socks, what if they're holey? Have they been worn more than one day? I don't want to see that! Put them away! :sick:

zing_deleted
29-06-2009, 11:30
cotton socks ;) your feet will still sweat when pressed against plastic or leather naked or not

lauzjp
29-06-2009, 11:49
hmm, so I shall now point and enquire as to whether they are cotton... and then go 'eeeeeeeeeeew!' as I bet you most people's are not! :p:

STONEISLAND
29-06-2009, 12:10
now the summers here it's time to discuss that age old question with or without socks;)

i think chequered ones say it all [i am a fashion statement]
they give that look of elegance to the drabbest of footwear..

IMO you can get away with it with trousers on as long as there a named sandal, oh and you have a nice top and no holes in your socks!!

Peter_
29-06-2009, 14:01
The links are valid though?

Its common to see mistakes when it comes to Hyper and Hypo when it comes to medicine hyper and hypo glycemia being common and hyper and hypo tension being another

you said

which is wrong hypothermia would have been correct

You yourself if you had sunstroke suffered from hyperthermia
As I said the diagnosis from the doctor in the hospital is the only one I accept regardless of links provided, but thank you for seeking them out.

zing_deleted
29-06-2009, 14:03
As I said the diagnosis from the doctor in the hospital is the only one I accept regardless of links provided, but thank you for seeking them out.

ignorance is bliss eh ;)

Peter_
29-06-2009, 14:05
ignorance is bliss eh ;)
I go with the doctor so he must be ignorant as he provided the diagnosis:D

Russ
29-06-2009, 14:05
From a fashion perspective - unforgiveable :spin:

zing_deleted
29-06-2009, 14:07
I go with the doctor so he must be ignorant as he provided the diagnosis:D

he would have said you were suffering from hyperthermia meaning your body temperature is to high ie sunstroke

I guess you misheard and thought he said hypothermia which is what happens when you get to cold

NHS link as good as a doctor isnt it?

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hypothermia/Pages/Introduction.aspx

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/heat-exhaustion-and-heatstroke/Pages/Introduction.aspx this is the page hyperthermia links again NHS link

Peter_
29-06-2009, 14:14
he would have said you were suffering from hyperthermia meaning your body temperature is to high ie sunstroke

I guess you misheard and thought he said hypothermia which is what happens when you get to cold

NHS link as good as a doctor isnt it?

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hypothe...roduction.aspx (http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hypothermia/Pages/Introduction.aspx)

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/heat-ex...roduction.aspx (http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/heat-exhaustion-and-heatstroke/Pages/Introduction.aspx) this is the page hyperthermia links again NHS link
We went to the local NHS hospital and saw a doctor in casualty.

I think sunstroke and hypothermia sound different some how and he only said sunstroke and the wife was with me at the time as well.;)

I am only repeating what he told me and considering the effect it had on me its not something I am likely to forget.:erm:

Regardless of how correct or incorrect the diagnosis he gave me was it is something I will never let myself in for again.:erm:

zing_deleted
29-06-2009, 14:23
We went to the local NHS hospital and saw a doctor in casualty.

I think sunstroke and hypothermia sound different some how and he only said sunstroke and the wife was with me at the time as well.;)

I am only repeating what he told me and considering the effect it had on me its not something I am likely to forget.:erm:

Regardless of how correct or incorrect the diagnosis he gave me was it is something I will never let myself in for again.:erm:

He did give you the correct diagnosis only he dumbed it down for the patient. Hyperthermia covers cases such as sunstroke caused by high temperatures and a rise in body temperature

Peter_
29-06-2009, 14:27
He did give you the correct diagnosis only he dumbed it down for the patient.
So therefore I am going to post what he told me anyway regardless which negates the research you and graham did, which is appreciated by the way as they are quite interesting.

zing_deleted
29-06-2009, 14:28
Just trying to add to your knowledge mate I am willing to learn off members here no need to be proud ;)

peanut
29-06-2009, 14:30
Apart from the sandals with sock wearers, anyone who wears those crocs also scare me slightly. I know some people have owned up on here saying they wear them, but it's just my own opinion. (Hopefully no offence to anyone on here).

Peter_
29-06-2009, 14:30
Just trying to add to your knowledge mate I am willing to learn off members here no need to be proud ;)
Exactly but all I have been saying till your previous post is that is what he told me.:D

Apart from that do not wear socks with sandals to get back on course with the subject.

Hugh
29-06-2009, 14:49
Apart from the sandals with sock wearers, anyone who wears those crocs also scare me slightly. I know some people have owned up on here saying they wear them, but it's just my own opinion. (Hopefully no offence to anyone on here).
Don't have any myself, but would have thought, being rubber, they would make your feet sweat?

Saaf_laandon_mo
29-06-2009, 15:22
Adults wearing Crocs look plain daft (in my opinion)

papa smurf
29-06-2009, 17:15
Adults wearing Crocs look plain daft (in my opinion)

yes they do and my children hate it when i wear stupid foot wear,but that's the fun of it , revenge for all that teen crap they put me through .. just bought some new shorts to complete my holiday image ,this years look will be pure embarrassment, revenge is a dish best served in socks:)

Gary L
29-06-2009, 17:29
Sandals only look right with no socks and a hat with corks hanging from it. looking red raw with sunburn is an option :)

lauzjp
29-06-2009, 22:23
Well I would just wear flipflops, but being slightly of large foot it is a chore to find pairs that fit nice. And they get wrecked pretty quickly, whereas the moc-crocs are plenty accomodating, and don't seem to sweat much. They can go in the bath for a wash anyhoot.

Fingy
30-06-2009, 07:07
Crocs really do not make your feet sweat, they are basically all I wear, I have a long term really bad back and I can walk for miles in them easily.

Am used to getting plenty of grief for wearing them but they are so comfy I don't care, think I have nearly 10 pairs... oops!

Maggy
30-06-2009, 08:10
I don't wear flip flops.I think they are the most dangerous form of footwear there is..I wonder how many accidents can be blamed on the wearing of them.:(

liamboyle06
30-06-2009, 10:39
Definitely no socks, cant get an all round tan with them on.

papa smurf
30-06-2009, 17:30
Sandals only look right with no socks and a hat with corks hanging from it. looking red raw with sunburn is an option :)

i have a hat with a feather in it ,my sons say i look like a pimp [thats a good thing isnt it ] it sets off my sandal and sock combo a treat.;)

Gary L
30-06-2009, 17:34
i have a hat with a feather in it ,my sons say i look like a pimp [thats a good thing isnt it ]

Only if you're getting the income and the freebies :)

joglynne
30-06-2009, 19:10
i have a hat with a feather in it ,my sons say i look like a pimp [thats a good thing isnt it ] it sets off my sandal and sock combo a treat.;)

The more details you give of your everyday wear the more you look like this in my imagination. https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/06/5.jpg

Please tell me your shorts aren't leather. :shocked:

Russ
30-06-2009, 19:15
If you're going to wear socks with sandals then surely the natural progression is a Borat-style mankini....

Hugh
30-06-2009, 19:20
If you're going to wear socks with sandals then surely the natural progression is a Borat-style mankini....

Like this?

joglynne
30-06-2009, 19:25

I wonder if papa has one already packed away for the beach. Bet his sons would be really impressed with him wearing one of those.

He would be 100% guaranteed to draw the attention of some other nice boys in the event that his sons found they, unfortunately, had pressing engagements elsewhere when they had been looking forward to spending quality time with him. :)

papa smurf
30-06-2009, 19:26
The more details you give of your everyday wear the more you look like this in my imagination. https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/06/5.jpg

Please tell me your shorts aren't leather. :shocked:

suede- with built in braces and a pipe pocket

Russ
30-06-2009, 19:26
Like this?

ARGH!! MY EYES!!! My beautiful eyes!!!

joglynne
30-06-2009, 19:35
suede- with built in braces and a pipe pocket

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/12/11.gif forgot about the pipe pocket. https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/06/4.jpg

Gary L
30-06-2009, 19:40
Like this?

He looks a bit like me! :erm:

idi banashapan
30-06-2009, 20:41
no sandals at all - then you don't need to decide. sandals are the worst thing!!! they should be left well alone!!!