PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 3G and Virgin Mobile?

DaBoz
25-06-2009, 12:44
Hi,

Have people had success with using an unlocked iPhone 3G (S) on the Virgin Mobile network, and has the 3G data service been good?

Virgin Mobile do a cheap monthly deal with their LibertySim for £18, which has no contract, 300 mins, unlimited texts and data, aswell as unlimited Virgin calls (mobile and apparently landline... or maybe I misunderstood that bit?)

I'd appreciate knowing people's experiences with iPhones and Virgin/T-Mobile.

Boz

Pushkar
25-06-2009, 12:51
I haven't used Virgin for it, but I use the Sim Only from o2 for £20 a month, you get 600mins and 1200 texts - which ain't too shabby, + the Unlimited Data usage.

Then again, I live in London and I have no idea how the coverage is where you are.

Chris
25-06-2009, 12:53
... but presumably you don't have to have it unlocked to do that?

Pushkar
25-06-2009, 12:54
... but presumably you don't have to have it unlocked to do that?

No, but it's a better deal.

punky
25-06-2009, 13:49
Hi,

Have people had success with using an unlocked iPhone 3G (S) on the Virgin Mobile network, and has the 3G data service been good?

Virgin Mobile do a cheap monthly deal with their LibertySim for £18, which has no contract, 300 mins, unlimited texts and data, aswell as unlimited Virgin calls (mobile and apparently landline... or maybe I misunderstood that bit?)

I'd appreciate knowing people's experiences with iPhones and Virgin/T-Mobile.

Boz

You've unlocked the 3GS? Did you use TurboSim or something?

The iPhone Dev team have had trouble with 3G on T-Mobile in the USA, but it might be a regional issues. (VM use T-Mobile here)