PDA

View Full Version : V Stuff And Free Photos From Snapfish

mralw1969
22-06-2009, 20:52
Hello

Can anyone tell me how many free photos i am supposed to get a month from V Stuff/Snapfish? I have the Virgin XL package.

About 7 weeks ago i ordered and received my 50 free prints, but i have had no free prints since.

I sent an email to Virgin asking how many free prints i was entitled to a month - i got a reply saying they would reply in the next 24 hours!

Then i get a very foreign sounding email from Snapfish about 5 days ago

"Thank you for writing back to Snapfish Customer Care.

We extremely regret the delay in replying your email.

Unfortunately, I need to refer this to other staff within our Customer Care organization who handles this issue. I regret that I cannot take immediate action, but please be aware that we will be working to respond to you as quickly as possible.

If you have a query in the meantime please call 0870 7200 387 and we will be able to help."

So even Snapfish haven't got a clue whats going on.

So can anyone out there enlighten me to how many free photo prints i am entitled to. Thanks.

Also, is it me or is the V Stuff Backup extremely slow and pretty user UN friendly?

Graham M
22-06-2009, 20:55
I beleive it's 50 prints full stop. Not an ongoing offer

moaningmags
22-06-2009, 20:56
It's 50 free prints per month but there is an issue at the moment with some people getting no allocation at all, it's being worked on.

Graham M
22-06-2009, 20:57
Ah, thanks for clearing that up Mags :)

oliver1948uk
22-06-2009, 21:02
I am on L broadband and have had the same problem with my supposed 25 free prints per month, advertised for 12 months, with free postage for the first three orders.

First month, free prints and free postage. Second month they charged 2 pounds 25, but freer postage. Contacted Snapfish who passed it on to VM 3 weeks ago. Have heard nothing.

Under the previous offer, I never managed to get my free prints from Photobox.

mralw1969
22-06-2009, 21:38
Hmmmm ... so by my calculations i am now owed 100 free prints .... in about 9 days it will by 150 free prints!

Do you think Virgin/Snapfish will backdate these?

I already know the answer .....

ReNZoR
23-06-2009, 00:48
Got same issue here.

have 50meg broadband, so am allowed 100 free prints.

Signed up for V Stuff in April, placed order for my first 100 free prints... got those, after placing order V-Stuff said I have 1 free print left.

After Aprils payment I checked V-Stuff and I was quoted as having 100 free prints... but didn't decide to use them... until now... June.

Logged in today after spending an age uploading the photos, and now I am being told I only have 1 free print left again, even though nobody has a V-Stuff account except myself - in fact I am the only one here who uses the PC.

So I have no idea what is going on, but I have emailed them regarding this issue.

mralw1969
23-06-2009, 19:00
This is terrible. i have some photos i need to develop for my mam and dad...it's going to cost about £12 on snapfish .... or FREE if i had my free photo prints......

From what i can gather from emails received neither Virgin nor Snapfish have not got a clue what the offer is or how many free prints we are entitled to.

Has anyone read terms and conditions? What happens if Virgin break their terms and conditions? We must have rights?

Peter_
23-06-2009, 19:05
Here is the VStuff Snapfish help pages if they are of any help to you.

http://support.snapfish.co.uk/app/home/brand/94/brand_host/myphotos3.virginmedia.com/session/L3NpZC8zcFM1cTVCag==/

mralw1969
23-06-2009, 22:00
oh ... the service really is appalling.

I decided to upload all my mam and dad's holiday snaps and entered the payment details and guess what? IT DOES NOT ACCEPT MY CARD!!!!

The only card i have is a Maestro card ... Snapfish haven't heard of it. What a rubbish site.

AndyCambs
24-06-2009, 01:34
oh ... the service really is appalling.

I decided to upload all my mam and dad's holiday snaps and entered the payment details and guess what? IT DOES NOT ACCEPT MY CARD!!!!

The only card i have is a Maestro card ... Snapfish haven't heard of it. What a rubbish site.

You need to contact your bank. Maestro is purely a re-branded Switch card, and I believe that it's based on a system whereby your account is checked for available funds at the point of sale. Generally speaking this would be at the EFTPOS machine in the store, or if online only if the vendor has signed up for Mastercard Secure. link here (http://www.mastercard.com/us/company/en/newsroom/pr_mc_unlocks_maestro_debit_card_acceptance_on_the _internet.html). It looks only to be a faily recent innovation, and I know that not all vendors have signed up.

Additionally you should be using a credit card (Mastercard or Visa Credit) for online purchases as these give more protection under the 1975 Consumer Credit act.

mralw1969
24-06-2009, 16:15
Additionally you should be using a credit card (Mastercard or Visa Credit) for online purchases as these give more protection under the 1975 Consumer Credit act.

I see what what your saying but there is no way on this earth i will ever use a VISA - they are just a huge rip off! Minimum payment £20 and about £11 of that is interest.

Anyway - i thought a forward thinking up to date company would perhaps use PAYPAL - much safer.

This is how i paid for my photos when i took my business to FOTO.com

BenMcr
24-06-2009, 16:22
I see what what your saying but there is no way on this earth i will ever use a VISA - they are just a huge rip off! Minimum payment £20 and about £11 of that is interest.
You can get a Prepaid Mastercard you know. www.cashplus.co.uk (http://www.cashplus.co.uk) Still qualifies for full Credit Card Purchase Protection ;)

mralw1969
24-06-2009, 19:05
Appreciate your financial help ... but why should i pay when i am supposedly entitled to 50 free prints a month?

mralw1969
27-06-2009, 16:35
Well still no response from Snapfish, so i have emailed them again. I thought Snapfish was a UK company but i don't think it is judging by the response ....

"Thank you for contacting to Snapfish customer support.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

We have forwarded it to the appropriate department for their response.

Please be aware that we will be working to respond to you as quickly as possible.

Thank you,

Vasu
Snapfish Customer Support

.....still waiting for an answer.....

Peter_
27-06-2009, 16:43
Well still no response from Snapfish, so i have emailed them again. I thought Snapfish was a UK company but i don't think it is judging by the response ....

"Thank you for contacting to Snapfish customer support.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

We have forwarded it to the appropriate department for their response.

Please be aware that we will be working to respond to you as quickly as possible.

Thank you,

Vasu
Snapfish Customer Support

.....still waiting for an answer.....

Its a Multinational company link HERE (http://www.snapfish.com/registration/pns/login)

ReNZoR
01-07-2009, 01:16
I have mailed Virgin 3 times now regarding this matter.

First time to support@virgin.net on 23rd June

Then I got a mail back that very same day (23rd) telling me to fill in the form at: https://help2.virginmedia.com/assets/customer_zone/genenqformCZ.html

I did that and 8 days on, I still haven't heard a word from Virgin. I have just filled it in once again :/

From what I see we (50meg) subscribers are entitled to 100 free prints every month for 12 months starting from the time you activate your V-Stuff account. I activated mine in April. I placed an order for 100 prints... since then it hasn't reset. Still stating I only have 1 available print... and its now July :( - I haven't ordered any prints since April.

This is really sucky!

bywater
01-07-2009, 02:57
Same story here I'm on L package it says 25 free prints a month plus free postage for first 3 orders. I had my first set of free prints in April I ordered twenty prints and it said 5 remaining. It now says one print remaining even thou I haven't ordered anymore and it as been stuck on that for two billing cycles. Looks like we were lied to about this offer or for some reason it as been withdrawn and nobody is saying anything. The whole V+ stuff as been a total cock up IMO since day one. You are lucky even to get the files to up load most uploads get stuck after the first few. Another Virgin Media fanfare over hype.

:td:

bywater
03-07-2009, 13:11
I know V stuff is advertised as a add on and the photos as free but it still part of the package in the contract. As we are not getting what is advertised and looks likes V stuff is totally craped out today do you think VM should be giving customers a refund as part of the package they are not delivering on ? I want my photos as promised ! At least the Virgin Extra's did actually work and had some value even if it was watching back episodes of the tweeneys and some music video's or the odd game.

:td::confused:

dd11
05-07-2009, 19:08
Having the same problem. Its so frustrating, i can't even get onto the vstuff, and when i do its as if their website is billions of miles away on another planet, its so slow!
Missed out on a months worth of prints. Like most other times Vstuff is non existant today. Have tried at various times in the night, 03:00am etc, but its just the same.

Anybody know if there having problems, or just being same old VM, promising us stuff they can't deliver? ...not happy :(

davidb24v
05-07-2009, 20:40
I enabled V Stuff today, mostly for a laugh as SWMBO was watching that tennis stuff.

I only run Windows in VirtualBox as I don't see the point of wasting a perfectly good PC ;). It started by trying to upload all my Outlook, Outlook Express, Outlook "whatever" stuff so had a comedy fit with dialog boxes popping up and disappearing at random for stuff that I don't have/haven't installed/won't install until I managed to click through and turn that bit of the crapness off.

It then seemed to want to upload the rest of my (VirtualBox) machine automatically. Not having that, I have work stuff and personal stuff on there so managed to click through and turn all that crapness off.

Eventually, I setup a folder called Mod edit: where *I* can put stuff that I want this crud to "backup". It's not quick even when it gets going, is it?

Like the last poster, I find the web access totally useless. I really can't believe anybody would push out software that is as totally unfit for purpose as this. If you want to give us "backup" then give us ftp (or even better, sftp, or bestest of all, rsync) access rather than imposing yet another Windoze-centric piece of crapness that just doesn't work :mad: :mad: :mad:

How much proprietary (that be foreign for "expensive and Mod Edit") stuff does anybody really need :td:

VM, the cowboys who sold you this crap really saw you coming. A long way off too...

Dave

ps. Ooooooh, there be a Mac version coming. Don't work for me, I don't have a feminine side :D

Please don't try to avoid the swear filter.Thank you.

However I enjoyed reading your post.;)

Live_Steam_Mad
16-09-2009, 03:56
I only got 1 lot of free photo's from Virgin, I'm on the M package. What gives, I thought we were going to get at least 3 lots of them?!

What link do I use to see what my allocation is?

I used to log into My Virgin Media Stuff but the thing that told me about free prints isn't there anymore.

This sucks.

There are laws about misleading advertising... or is it simply a Virgin cock up?

Regards,

Alistair G.

louisg
14-03-2010, 19:56
can anyone tell me if this has improved?

And is it mac compatible yet?

Peter_
14-03-2010, 22:18
can anyone tell me if this has improved?

And is it mac compatible yet?
V Stuff for MAC's (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34961035-post1.html)

friends1980
14-03-2010, 23:36
While on the subject of VStuff why is that when i got upgraded on friday just gone that XL you get 10gig free storage but my Vstuff has not upgraded to Vstuff XXL where you get unlimited storage and 150 free prints.

How long does it take to change over.

Peter_
15-03-2010, 10:47
While on the subject of VStuff why is that when i got upgraded on friday just gone that XL you get 10gig free storage but my Vstuff has not upgraded to Vstuff XXL where you get unlimited storage and 150 free prints.

How long does it take to change over.
The beginning of the month.