PDA

View Full Version : cable modem down

smudger72
19-06-2009, 09:52
Does anyone have any issues with virgin cable modem constantly connecting and disconnecting in west of scotland area?

LaineY
19-06-2009, 09:58
im in the west of scotland / Airdrie & Cumbernauld to be precise

no issues at both addresses

What UBR are you on? click the connection link at the top of this page. and paste the ubr in here.

smudger72
19-06-2009, 10:44
HI,
I called virgin technical supprt to ask if there were any issues, as I had performed ping, trace routes etc. My modem "ready" led was out, and had the usual request of powering down and then on after a few minutes.
Guy then told me there were problems in my area, so need to wait.
cheers

LaineY
19-06-2009, 10:45
no problem mate :)

smudger72
23-06-2009, 12:20
HI, Since posting the information about modem going down, called virgin technical support on thursday 18th june, agent advised no issues in my area, and I should call again on friday. Worked friday evening then down all day saturday, worked again sunday 21st and down again yesterday 22nd june.
What exactly are these guys doing???
Anyone have any ideas?
cheers
tom

Milambar
23-06-2009, 13:03
Post in the newsgroup and speak to someone who actually knows and cares, rather than phoning India and getting fobbed off. Although you might get lucky and end up talking to someone in the UK when you phone, but yeah, I always get a faster, and better result using the newsgroup.

smudger72
23-06-2009, 13:38
Speaking to technical support is poor as the majority do not care or want to resolve the problem

Peter_
23-06-2009, 13:53
Speaking to technical support is poor as the majority do not care or want to resolve the problem
So why do we post on here then?

smudger72
23-06-2009, 14:06
I post on here to advise other disgruntled virgin media customers of the issues, and as you have replied to my post can you assist?
All I want to do is have my issue resolved by virgin media technical support or a virgin technician who will successfully find the problem and resolve.

Peter_
23-06-2009, 14:44
I post on here to advise other disgruntled virgin media customers of the issues, and as you have replied to my post can you assist?
All I want to do is have my issue resolved by virgin media technical support or a virgin technician who will successfully find the problem and resolve.
Post the modem power levels of your modem.