PDA

View Full Version : Loss of connection

pazor
16-06-2009, 09:05
Hi all.

I live in Ashton under Lyne in Manchester. Came home last night from work and noticed a light flashing on my Vbox I had a closer look and it was the online light.
So I checked my internet and it was down, I’m on 50mb and my modem didn’t have the tick showing.
I was put through to the special 50mb team (sounded like an Indian call centre)
What a nightmare it was trying to get myself across

Anyway it ended up he said there was a delay with the signals he was sending to the modem.
About 3hrs later the vbox reset itself TV went of and when it came back the light had stopped flashing and the tick was on my modem Yippee. I turned pc on launched IE only to find a "register your broadband" I couldn’t get passed this when I entered my details it said you are already registered and went to an error page.
I turned of pc and went to bed.
Woke up this morning tick was on tried pc yippee internet for about 30 secs. Tried network trouble-shooter it said modem problem or cable turn of modem. I turned of modem then yeah connection for 30 secs then down again.
The tick would stay on for 1/2 min then go off every time.
I’m expecting a call back tonight from the Indian call centre so he can pass this on to the next level of support.

Has anyone any ideas what could be wrong :erm:

Peter_
16-06-2009, 09:07
Call the 50Mb team on 0800 052 0431 and they will help you.

pazor
16-06-2009, 09:14
Thanks for the reply Moldova but im at work until 6pm. Is the number you posted open after 6pm ?

Peter_
16-06-2009, 09:22
Thanks for the reply Moldova but im at work until 6pm. Is the number you posted open after 6pm ?
Yes should be 24/7

pazor
16-06-2009, 09:27
Is that the same team that i spoken to last night? Because they are calling me back at 6:30pm. If they are i will wait till i get the call.

pazor
16-06-2009, 12:41
Just nipped home in dinner called that nbr you gave moldova and a helpul guy tested said my modem was ill and booked a eng for this sat. Why o why do companys use forign call centres.

Peter_
16-06-2009, 14:00
Just nipped home in dinner called that nbr you gave moldova and a helpul guy tested said my modem was ill and booked a eng for this sat. Why o why do companys use forign call centres.
Better to call that number if you have an issue with 50Mb.