PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to Sky+ or HD?

bigtom
14-06-2009, 21:22
Hi guys,

Been reading this forum for a while, hope you dont mind me asking some stupid question.

Ok, so I have multi room. Sky+ in one room, ordinary old sky in another.

Can I buy a used sky+ or HD box and swap it with the old sky box?

Will it work? What do I have to do?

I kept getting a letter saying the old box wasn't connected to the phone line even though it was. After an hour or so on the phone to sky they said just unplug the phone line and they have updated the system at their end saying its connected and not to send any more letters out. That was about 6 months ago and it is still unplugged.

Can I just buy a new box?

Thanks,

Tom

zing_deleted
14-06-2009, 21:27
you can but you can get the HD box cheap anyway. Also you will need a second feed as the old sky only had 1 so IMO order the SKY HD I have had it recently and the HD is good

bigtom
14-06-2009, 21:30
So can I buy a Sky+ or HD box and just plug it in and it will work?

As I say, we already have Sky+ in one room but would like sky+ or HD in the other room now which is used more.

zing_deleted
14-06-2009, 21:34
no you need a extra cable from the dish. Get the HD box off sky and have it installed

bigtom
14-06-2009, 21:40
Ok, scrap the HD box idea. How about sky+?

Jon T
14-06-2009, 21:54
Ok, scrap the HD box idea. How about sky+?

You need two coax feeds from your sky dish to each sky+/sky HD box you have. Both types of boxes have dual tuners in them, and for that reason they need two coax feeds.

With only one feed you'll be limited to either watching or recording a program, but not both at the same time.

zing_deleted
14-06-2009, 22:36
Look the SKY HD box is £50 quid installed you aint gonna buy a better box for that price

http://packages.sky.com/buy/?QS=true&see_mix_selection=Variety|&see_extras=&speak=&surf_level=&equipment=SkyHD&multiroom_equipment=&supplier=&affiliate=true&affiliate=true&CMP=AFC-UKesalesAffiliates&P36=EHKM26&PURL=skytv.at/cardoffer

skyinstaaller
18-06-2009, 23:06
will sky not charge you more for second box if your not a new customer. will you not be upgrading.