PDA

View Full Version : A Question to those who are single.

Matthew
14-06-2009, 03:49
I have put a deposit on a house today and I am not doing my maths re bills etc so a few questions I would like some answers to if you dont mind, just after rough numbers.

1. How much do you spend on food a week and also a month?
2. How much do you spend on electricity a month?
3. How much do you spend on gas a month?
4. How much is house insurance a month?

I have got rough figures but want to ask a few more people so I can budget rightly.

My list of out goings would be, if I am missing any let me know:
Gas, Water, Electricity, Council Tax, House Insurance, Phone Line, Internet, TV License, Mortgage, Mobile, Car Payment, Car Insurance, Fuel, Food, Other car bits.

lucy7
14-06-2009, 08:31
Clothes budget.
Social life.
General up keep on house.
Rainy day fund!

Bills all vary obviously depending on how careful you are about usage of things.

My daughter has just set up home with her boyfriend and is struggling big time, she had not done the maths before hand, and keeps on asking me for a sub on her wages. I wont give her one, as she needs to get on top of things.

All the best to you.

Wayfair
14-06-2009, 09:10
1. £50 a week, that does included one take away a week, and an extra £50 every month for stuff that last longer than a week, loo roll, cleaning stuff, shampoo etc.
2. £30 a month.
3. £30 a month.
4. £21 a month and that is for buildings and contents.

Then obviously all the other thing you listed.

Lucy is right with the rainy day fund, you really really need one of those, it doesn't have to have a great wedge in it, just a months bills would be a great start.

Nidge
14-06-2009, 11:07
I have put a deposit on a house today and I am not doing my maths re bills etc so a few questions I would like some answers to if you dont mind, just after rough numbers.

1. How much do you spend on food a week and also a month?
2. How much do you spend on electricity a month?
3. How much do you spend on gas a month?
4. How much is house insurance a month?

I have got rough figures but want to ask a few more people so I can budget rightly.

My list of out goings would be, if I am missing any let me know:
Gas, Water, Electricity, Council Tax, House Insurance, Phone Line, Internet, TV License, Mortgage, Mobile, Car Payment, Car Insurance, Fuel, Food, Other car bits.

Food about £50 per week.
Elec / Gas £50 per week.
House insurance £180 per year about £4 a week
Council tax £20 per week.
Mobile phone £40 per month / £10 a week.
Clothes when I need them ????

It's brutal when your on your own, get a mate to share with you and share the bills.

zing_deleted
14-06-2009, 11:11
30 delivery from Tescos then another 10-15 on bits

72 quid gas and electric a month. How in gods name do any of you manage to spend 200 quid a month? what ya upto growing weed or what?

Rent a council house so no buildings needed

AndyCambs
14-06-2009, 11:28
As well as rainy day fund - don't forget longer term savings like pensions.

Matthew
14-06-2009, 12:44
Thanks for your answers.

fireman328
14-06-2009, 13:23
Just paid my water bill, £50 per quarter

dgardner
17-06-2009, 03:24
I pay £200.00 per month rent for a large double room in quiet house inc all bills bar phone.
£20.00 per month mob top-up
about £100.00 per month on food