PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media Installation.

madpower
13-06-2009, 22:32
Hello, after having issues with BT everytime I had tried to get them to install a line, my friend advised on this move to try Virgin Media, he had no issues with the install and the engineer had actually turned up a week early.

I was due to have my viring media TV/BB/phone activated today, all the ordering had been really easy and my install date was brought forward a week from 20th June to the 13th June. The morning of the 13th June I receive a letter saying a phone line cannot be provided due to no capacity, but BB and TV would not be affected, I don't mind as I barely use the phone, and they implied the capacity would be upgraded soon for voice.

At 13:15 a virgin media van pulls up, the engineer states he is here to install BB and TV, then asks

'Where is your box?'
I replay 'What box?'
'The virgin box? do you not have service with us already?'
'No I don't...'
'Who is yourphone line with?'
'Well it was meant to be you but that has been cancelled now'

So he wanders around and eventually finds a little grid on the ground,opens it

'There is no cable here, you need a 2 man crew, I don't know why they only assigned one person for it'

So he calls his field manager(no issues getting through) and explains everything, just before he leaves he tells me that they will contact me shortly. It is about 13:25 by this time.

After half an hour I haven't had a call so I decide to call the customer servie desk, and they eventually put me through to installs, who can see no evidence of my appointment being on the 13th June, they finally find the install for today and say that the advisor who had built the work order had chosen a 1 man crew and not a 2 man crew. So they admitted it was their fault that this had gone wrong, but they can't see if another visit will be possible today or not as it depends on when the engineers finish their other jobs for the day, the guy I was talking to called the field manager(again no issue getting through to them) and confirmed that they wouldn't know until a little later, so said calling in an hour or so may help.

I wait an hour then call back, this time the Indian call centre would not put me through to installs and kept saying they had spoken to their own manager who would call me back, I kept requesting to be put through and eventually she did it. I got the same installs advisor on the line, I requested he call the field manager again, to see if it was going to be possible today, I was on hold for about 20mins before being told that he could not get through to the field manager and he had left voicemails asking him to call the advisor or myself back when he got the message. The advisor states he will call me back as soon as he hears from them.

45 minutes pass, so I decide to call them back, go through the customer service desk and get put through to someone in installs again, different person this time, he is also having difficulty getting through to the field manager, and he can't contact his supervisor either, however he has left both of them voicemails and will call me back in 5 mins when he has spoken to either/both.

Another 45mins later. Still no response, I call back, get through to installs, a different advisor again, he cannot get through to the field manager or his supervisor, although he has left voicemails with both, but due to the time it is highly unlikely that they will contact me before Monday. He says that no order for a 2 man crew has been put through for my line, and it would have to be rescheduled, I point out that I have paid for a Saturday installation because I can't be here in their appointment slots any other day due to work, and it seems a little unreasonable to expect me to do all the chasing on my mobile when it was an advisor on their side who made the mistake in the first place. He says he will leave another voicemail with his supervisor???

All day I have sat in on the off chance that they may actually call me back at some point or another and have my services installed, my entire Saturday has been wasted chasing Virgin Media even though it was their advisor who raised the work order incorrectly.

It seems bizarre how the engineer at my premises was able to get through so easily to the field manager yet after that for most of the day it was impossible, at one point I was told they were moving office and this may be why they are unable to answer. How is this relevant to me? Should they not move on a day when they aren't meant to be managing the field?

I was lied to at various points just to get me off the line 'oh I'll call you back' or 'my manager will call you back'

If my engineer had turned up at 4pm and said it wasn't possible to be done on his own, then I expect it would be difficult to find a couple of engineers who had finished their work and had time to come and do my installation, however my appointment had been at the very start of the slot so it gave them 5 hours to find a couple of engineers to carry out the work, which it seems they couldn't be bothered to do.

I am amazed that I found a company that rivals BT for terrible service.

brisycom
17-06-2009, 17:25
This sounds familiar..... a couple of months back I had a V+ box installed and the engineer said that he gets sent to jobs with no description of the work to be carried out. He arrived at my home expecting a new install, I told him that we were already cabled in the room for it to go so just needed box plugging in and he was really happy about that.

He said he went to his first job of the day having been told that it was already cabled, he arrived at a tower block that was only cabled up to 3 floors below the one he had to do.

In all fairness to Virgin Media installers, they are being let down by a hopeless bookings department and a lack of 'correct' job sheets.

Brisycom

virgin_tech
17-06-2009, 21:33
This sounds familiar..... a couple of months back I had a V+ box installed and the engineer said that he gets sent to jobs with no description of the work to be carried out. He arrived at my home expecting a new install, I told him that we were already cabled in the room for it to go so just needed box plugging in and he was really happy about that.

He said he went to his first job of the day having been told that it was already cabled, he arrived at a tower block that was only cabled up to 3 floors below the one he had to do.

In all fairness to Virgin Media installers, they are being let down by a hopeless bookings department and a lack of 'correct' job sheets.

Brisycom

this is so true... going to jobs and u not a clue whats to be done .. its embarassing

Peter_
17-06-2009, 21:35
this is so true... going to jobs and u not a clue whats to be done .. its embarassing
I bet you love to see "NO CONN" on your PDA and then having to play the guessing game.:D

virgin_tech
17-06-2009, 21:45
lol, its getting worse you can go cus they say, 'noisy line LS04' you get ther ready to fix the phone and its a noisy v+ hard drive..

comunication breakdown, between india and uk

badboy_uk
17-06-2009, 21:49
he did mine in 5 mins made a hole on my wall put the cable through up and runnin lol

Peter_
17-06-2009, 21:59
lol, its getting worse you can go cus they say, 'noisy line LS04' you get ther ready to fix the phone and its a noisy v+ hard drive..

comunication breakdown, between india and uk
Some of my english colleagues are just as bad you open a work order or the notes and go WTF does that mean?

badboy_uk
17-06-2009, 22:08
Some of my english colleagues are just as bad you open a work order or the notes and go WTF does that mean?

lol you are remindin me when i first started my job i was like that hahaha

JayJay
22-06-2009, 19:43
I hate turning up to a job not knowing what im ment to do. SRO booked with no description... lovely!

Best one I had the other day... SRO Tidy Cables... go to the house, customer said 'oh the telephone plate has come off, heres the screws' I got my screw driver out, put two screws in the face plate, job done....