PDA

View Full Version : Buffering Issues with Youtube

LaineY
13-06-2009, 22:15
Getting Frustrated with this now....

I have had this issue with youtube with 80% of videos on a VM Connection for around 4 years now.

I have tried different routers (Wired) and have tried different OS's and cannot get to the bottom of this.

Is anyone else experiencing this with youtube?

BBC Iplayer is spot on as is 4oD. so its looking like its site related.

on all other connections its rapid (EVEN AOL!!!)

Power levels/signal levels/ freq's are all spot on with the modem etc..
and it also does it in Edinburgh / Airdrie & Cumbernauld (Scotland) which is 3 totally different regions and UBRS
Edinburgh / Castlecary & Uddingston.

No other isp has this issue....

are you guys having the same issue

Welshchris
13-06-2009, 22:45
i get buffer issues in the day with Youtube, but so do friends of mine on other ISPs such as AOL, Tiscalli and Orange.

LaineY
13-06-2009, 23:01
As in the video buffers 5 seconds then takes an hour to watch?

Kursk
14-06-2009, 00:41
Yep, YouTube has been really bad today. I'm losing the will to live with the internet. Every second I sit watching that buffering lark is a nail in the coffin for my future subscriptions. I am a patient person but I may turn to physical exercise and the great outdoors if this goes on :) .

Welshchris
14-06-2009, 00:44
As in the video buffers 5 seconds then takes an hour to watch?

some dont even start buffering thats how slow it is on youtube

all other sites r fine for me tho

LaineY
14-06-2009, 02:41
Ok, so my point being... is this looking like just a Virgin Media fault or is all ISP's having this issue.

slowcoach
15-06-2009, 13:31
I've had buffering problems the last couple of weeks when streaming BBC iPlayer and various audio streams, last night everything was back to normal so it may have been due to a network caching problem, just checked now and it's still fine.