PDA

View Full Version : frustrated with the broadband

spoonie
13-06-2009, 16:56
i been with Ntl/virgin media BB since it started in my area roughly 10 years, i know im probably one of the lucky ones but ive never really had a problem until now ...
where do i start lol,

for the last 10 days my ip changes constantly about 15 times so far(yes twice a day) and many many downtimes but its only started since the 50meg speed came active in my area (ST16) after numerous calls to tech support all they say is "its an outage" and "have to wait" cant book a engineer as its waste of time which i do understand that too as it comes back, is they anything i can do other than just wait .... do i need a new modem or are others experiencing this problem in ST16 area?

LaineY
13-06-2009, 22:20
its a possibility that you are being moved ubrs onto the new servers... and could be exp teething problems....

if you are having issues contact Virgin Media Tech Support and it will be investigated

spoonie
13-06-2009, 22:31
after numerous calls to tech support all they say is "its an outage" and "have to wait" cant book a engineer as its waste of time which i do understand that too as it comes back, is they anything i can do other than just wait .... do i need a new modem or are others experiencing this problem in ST16 area?

Peter_
13-06-2009, 22:32
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post what modem you have and your power levels from your config pages of your modem. The should be a sticker on the bottom saying what model.

If using an Ambit modem please click here
http://root:root@192.168.100.1/CmOpConfig.asp

If using any other modem click here
http://192.168.100.1/

What I want you to post is the Downstream power levels including the SNR and the Upstream power levels for me thanks.

DO NOT POST YOUR MAC ADDRESS OR SERIAL NUMBER

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

spoonie
13-06-2009, 22:49
Downstream Lock : Locked
Downstream Channel Id : 73
Downstream Frequency : 434250000 Hz
Downstream Modulation : QAM64
Downstream Symbol Rate : 6952 Ksym/sec
Downstream Interleave Depth : taps12Increment17
Downstream Receive Power Level : 5.2 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 34.8 dB

Upstream Lock : Locked
Upstream Channel ID : 2
Upstream Frequency : 47400000 Hz
Upstream Modulation : QAM16
Upstream Symbol Rate : 2560 Ksym/sec
Upstream transmit Power Level : 34.0 dBmV
Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 2

Peter_
13-06-2009, 23:16
Upstream transmit Power Level : 34.0 dBmV

That is borderline to low and may need a engineer to adjust it, call Tech Support and let them run some checks.