PDA

View Full Version : Positive feedback for VM

*sloman*
09-06-2009, 08:51
Hello

Not been on here for a few weeks and i thought i would never come back as i was moving to Sky.

I moved in to my first home and being tired with VM thought Sky would be the better option (how i was wrong)!!!

First the Sky bloke who knocked on my door was great, he set everything up to be installed on the 29th May, but the seller of my new home informed me a week before this date he could not move until 5th June.

No problem i thought i will call sky to move the install date, this is where the problems started!!

I was waiting on hold to sky for 35mins + when i got through to someone, who was an idiot! He cut me off after 30secs or so. So i called back again this time waiting 50mins then for the call just randomly disconnected!!!

I thought i would try one last time again i waited 45mins+ and got through to another idiot! Who wanted to pass me from pillar to post! I proceeded to tear him a new ******** explaining what had happened above and that i now wanted to cancel!

After a 20mins or so on the phone to the idiot i cancelled my sky install and got a refund!

I then went to quidco.com and found VM were offering £120 cash back for a bundle service, i signed up straight away!

I took V+ but the site did not ask for my debit card details, rang VM and the call was answered within 30 secsonds by a UK Call centre, and the VM bloke was spot on he even gave me another £33 discount!!

Moral of the story avoid sky like the plague!!

soup dragon
09-06-2009, 08:55
hmmm is the grass always greener?

ro53ben
09-06-2009, 09:01
On 12th May 2009, my Virgin broadband went down.

4 weeks and 3 site visits later, the problem is still not resolved.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't recommend Sky to my worst enemy, but there are other ADSL providers out there with a good reputation. I may even find out pretty soon...