PDA

View Full Version : Felt sick for two weeks

southwell
02-06-2009, 08:35
Hi all,

Hoping someone can shed some light on this, my doctors is in the middle of town and it's a right pain to get to.

Ive basically felt sick in my stomach for the last two weeks, ive not been sick or had bad headaches or anything. My stomach is pretty much normal and my eating habits have not changed. It came on the morning after i had a few beers and some food and has stayed ever since. I have not drank for the last two weeks either.

I appreciate any comments.

Kymmy
02-06-2009, 08:39
Sounds like possible you have a low level infection/bug, could be from dodgy food/beer..

I'd suggest going to the docs as two weeks is a long time for it to hang around..

joglynne
02-06-2009, 08:43
Hi southwell, sorry you're feeling under the weather. :hugs: As Kymmy says, seeing your doctor would be the best bet seeing as this has been going on for so long.

The only other thing that comes to mind, if you're not in any pain or running a temperature, is whether you are under any stress or worried about something.

Russ
02-06-2009, 08:44
0845 46 47?

southwell
02-06-2009, 08:55
Hi southwell, sorry you're feeling under the weather. :hugs: As Kymmy says, seeing your doctor would be the best bet seeing as this has been going on for so long.

The only other thing that comes to mind, if you're not in any pain or running a temperature, is whether you are under any stress or worried about something.
Thanks all, ive booked in for this morning, it's annoying as the car went into the garage today too! :dunce:

I am a bit of a worrier, im off on holiday this weekend and don't really like flying, although im not scared of flying. I can't really think of anything that would make me feel like this, the only time ive felt ill for this long is when i had glandular fever. :confused: Hopefully the doctor can pinpoint this.

Thanks

Ian

superbiatch
02-06-2009, 09:00
Thanks all, ive booked in for this morning, it's annoying as the car went into the garage today too! :dunce:

I am a bit of a worrier, im off on holiday this weekend and don't really like flying, although im not scared of flying. I can't really think of anything that would make me feel like this, the only time ive felt ill for this long is when i had glandular fever. :confused: Hopefully the doctor can pinpoint this.

Thanks

Ian

The thing is about stress, you don't realise you're stressed half the time - in fact I blatantly disagree with people when they say I seem stressed - which is a dead-giveaway that I am :rolleyes:

Pia
02-06-2009, 09:43
Oops you're pregnant :D :eek:

southwell
02-06-2009, 10:13
Oops you're pregnant :D :eek:
Hope not. :D

The doctor thinks it's stomach acid and prescribed some pills.

superbiatch
02-06-2009, 10:22
Hope not. :D

The doctor thinks it's stomach acid and prescribed some pills.

Zantac?

southwell
02-06-2009, 10:31
Zantac?

No, Omeprazole, unless they are the same? :confused:

superbiatch
02-06-2009, 10:45
No, Omeprazole, unless they are the same? :confused:

I was precribed them a few years back, for the same reason. They thought I had an ulcer, but it turns out it was all due to stress.

southwell
02-06-2009, 11:04
I was precribed them a few years back, for the same reason. They thought I had an ulcer, but it turns out it was all due to stress.
I cant see what im stressed about. :erm: Must be that subconscious rubbish. :D

Hopefully once im on holiday i will feel better and actually enjoy it.
The last holiday i went on i got a chest infection the day before and spend 80% of my holiday in bed (not the way i envisioned) :p:

superbiatch
02-06-2009, 11:08
I cant see what im stressed about. :erm: Must be that subconscious rubbish. :D

Hopefully once im on holiday i will feel better and actually enjoy it.
The last holiday i went on i got a chest infection the day before and spend 80% of my holiday in bed (not the way i envisioned) :p:

Are you going somewhere nice?

southwell
02-06-2009, 11:12
Are you going somewhere nice?
Im off to Sao Bras in Portugal for a week with some mates. Got a villa out in the sticks so it should be a fairly relaxing holiday. It would be nice to enjoy some cool beers at night but we shall see, i would rather not drink than feel worse. :)

superbiatch
02-06-2009, 11:17
Im off to Sao Bras in Portugal for a week with some mates. Got a villa out in the sticks so it should be a fairly relaxing holiday. It would be nice to enjoy some cool beers at night but we shall see, i would rather not drink than feel worse. :)

If I were you I'd spend the next few days detoxing, drinking very little alcohol and eating healthy foods in preparation ;)

btw, I'M SO JEALOUS! :p:

southwell
02-06-2009, 11:25
If I were you I'd spend the next few days detoxing, drinking very little alcohol and eating healthy foods in preparation ;)

btw, I'M SO JEALOUS! :p:
I intend to, thanks. :D Hopefully ill have some nice pics to post. :cool:

Saaf_laandon_mo
02-06-2009, 11:36

Is Sao Bras in the Azores? I've never been there but my parents lived out on one of the islands for 6 months. Madeira is also a nice island to visit. Very relaxing, awesome views, and no louts lol.

southwell
02-06-2009, 11:47
Is Sao Bras in the Azores? I've never been there but my parents lived out on one of the islands for 6 months. Madeira is also a nice island to visit. Very relaxing, awesome views, and no louts lol.
It is here: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=sao+bras+portugal+map&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&gl=uk&ei=igElSrG7DZ-UjAfqmqznBw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1

We are about 20k from the airport (faro) and the same for the beaches, but it should have some nice views and be away from the busy areas.
The villa got chosen because it is modern, has a nice big area outside and more importantly a footy table and pool table for evenings and a downstairs sink, fridge, shower room, etc for during the day. Ive already shotgunned the en suite room. :D

Saaf_laandon_mo
02-06-2009, 12:01
It is here: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=sao+bras+portugal+map&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&gl=uk&ei=igElSrG7DZ-UjAfqmqznBw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1

We are about 20k from the airport (faro) and the same for the beaches, but it should have some nice views and be away from the busy areas.
The villa got chosen because it is modern, has a nice big area outside and more importantly a footy table and pool table for evenings and a downstairs sink, fridge, shower room, etc for during the day. Ive already shotgunned the en suite room. :D

That looks like more than 20k from Faro. Are you sure you've got the right place? I only ask because thats an island not on the mainland.

southwell
02-06-2009, 12:07
That looks like more than 20k from Faro. Are you sure you've got the right place? I only ask because thats an island not on the mainland.
Sorry, 20 mins from Faro and 20k to the beach. Ive followed the instructions from the airport on my sat nav and pretty much pinpointed the road the villa is on.

joglynne
02-06-2009, 14:22
Sounds like you are on your way to being sorted. Here's hoping the tablets work super quick and you can get on with the hard task of enjoying yourself. :D

Saaf_laandon_mo
02-06-2009, 14:29
Sorry for going on but the google map shows the place you mention as being an island off the coast of Portugal. It's nowhere near Faro airport. You'd have to get a connecting flight or a boat.

Are you sure that's where you're going or am I being an idiot and getting something totally wrong here?

southwell
02-06-2009, 14:39
Sorry for going on but the google map shows the place you mention as being an island off the coast of Portugal. It's nowhere near Faro airport. You'd have to get a connecting flight or a boat.

Are you sure that's where you're going or am I being an idiot and getting something totally wrong here?
No, i was being a retard. :D Serves me right for just typing a place into Google maps and not checking it's correct, i have done this one myself. :p:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=37.147696,-7.869843&sll=37.147375,-7.869869&sspn=0.003139,0.004828&gl=uk&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=17&iwloc=A

Saaf_laandon_mo
02-06-2009, 14:43
No, i was being a retard. :D Serves me right for just typing a place into Google maps and not checking it's correct, i have done this one myself. :p:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=37.147696,-7.869843&sll=37.147375,-7.869869&sspn=0.003139,0.004828&gl=uk&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=17&iwloc=A

Phew, for a minute I thought I was going nuts or that you were going to have a shock when landing at Faro, lol.

southwell
02-06-2009, 14:44
Phew, for a minute I thought I was going nuts or that you were going to have a shock when landing at Faro, lol.
It would be an interesting 'drive' i would imagine. :D

southwell
05-06-2009, 14:15
Well im feeling slightly better, i feel fine after ive eaten, then i feel a bit sick again about 30 mins later, hopefully i on the way to being mended! (within reason) :D

lucy7
05-06-2009, 14:59
I think sometimes our bodies do not behave as well as they could do.
Things come and go, we never really no the reason why, or can actually name whats wrong, but they just come along to annoy us anyway!

My husband does the stress thingy, due to past events in his life he still suffers a bit at times. He often feels how you are describing southwell. Maybe it is just the fact that you have to fly soon, that is not making you 100%?

Have a great time in lovely Portugal

Saaf_laandon_mo
05-06-2009, 15:02
Anxiety causes me to have very similar symptoms. I dont get physically sick, but feel like I could be. Thankfully doesn't happen to often.

southwell
05-06-2009, 15:05
I think this too, i do get anxious over things, although doesn't affect my behaviour or sleeping patterns, it must be sub conscious. Hopefully once im there i will feel better.

Thanks all. :)

southwell
23-06-2009, 08:44
Hi All,

Feeling a bit better now, still a bit sicky but not as bad.

Holiday was nice. It was only warm and overcast for the first couple of days then by the end of the week the temp was hitting 38!
The flight back was worrying, saw a plane fly past us then around 10-15 seconds later we flew through their vapour trail! Scary stuff!

superbiatch
23-06-2009, 08:50
Hi All,

Feeling a bit better now, still a bit sicky but not as bad.

Holiday was nice. It was only warm and overcast for the first couple of days then by the end of the week the temp was hitting 38!
The flight back was worrying, saw a plane fly past us then around 10-15 seconds later we flew through their vapour trail! Scary stuff!

Maybe I should try a holiday - apparently I'm showing signs of 'stress' :rolleyes:

Wow that plane episode sounds scary, hearing more and more atm, getting a bit worrying :erm:

Glad you're feeling better tho - SB disappears to teletextholidays.co.uk :D