PDA

View Full Version : VM wireless routers - The saga

Trent
29-05-2009, 09:50
Hi all,

I just wanted to share my experience in getting a VM wireless N router in the hopes that you all wont suffer the same issues.

I phoned up CS the other day and asked "How much for a wireless N router" and "How much more would i be for the xl channels?"

The Guy i spoke to said he would look into it and get back to me. He came back and said "I can give you a wireless N router for free if you upgrade your Phone and TV to xl" (I already have xl BB). I thought about it and the cost involved and finally agreed. Yesterday UPS tried to deliver the router while i was out but they deleivered it to 17 houses further down the street. When I went to pick it up last night the neighbour, " I use the term very loosely" declined to give it to me saying that he was going to sell it and if i didnt get off his property he would set his dogs on me" It was too late to phone VM about it so I waited until this morning. At 07:30 i got a very hard knock on the door. It was the Police. Apparently they had done a drugs bust on the house and found my address on the router. After 2 hours for interview and searching my home address the decided that i infact didnt know the people and my story was correct!!

So i finally get the router.... Its a Wireless G router. Needless to say I was stright on the Phone to CS. After outlining the problem to cs agent, which if i was short with i apologise but i think you could understand why, she apologised and said they would get a wireless N router sent out for free.

it should come in the next few days I will let you know how it goes

Kymmy
29-05-2009, 10:30
That's some neighbourhood you live in :rolleyes:

Peter_
29-05-2009, 13:26
That can be any neighbourhood nowadays as you do not know who lives anywhere

AndyCambs
29-05-2009, 13:55
Hi all,

I just wanted to share my experience in getting a VM wireless N router in the hopes that you all wont suffer the same issues.

I phoned up CS the other day and asked "How much for a wireless N router" and "How much more would i be for the xl channels?"

The Guy i spoke to said he would look into it and get back to me. He came back and said "I can give you a wireless N router for free if you upgrade your Phone and TV to xl" (I already have xl BB). I thought about it and the cost involved and finally agreed. Yesterday UPS tried to deliver the router while i was out but they deleivered it to 17 houses further down the street. When I went to pick it up last night the neighbour, " I use the term very loosely" declined to give it to me saying that he was going to sell it and if i didnt get off his property he would set his dogs on me" It was too late to phone VM about it so I waited until this morning. At 07:30 i got a very hard knock on the door. It was the Police. Apparently they had done a drugs bust on the house and found my address on the router. After 2 hours for interview and searching my home address the decided that i infact didnt know the people and my story was correct!!

So i finally get the router.... Its a Wireless G router. Needless to say I was stright on the Phone to CS. After outlining the problem to cs agent, which if i was short with i apologise but i think you could understand why, she apologised and said they would get a wireless N router sent out for free.

it should come in the next few days I will let you know how it goes

I'd take issue with the delivery company for leaving the package at an address not on the delivery schedule.
Why stop there, they might have just left it in the next street. What were they doing - going down the road and knocking on doors until someone answered? 17 houses isn't exactly next door. I'd certainly complain to the delivery company.

Trent
11-06-2009, 21:53
Ok The saga.. Journey's end

Vm have now sent me two Wireless G routers, when I asked how to return them they told me to keep them - dunno what ill do with them like - and I now also have a brand new Wireless N router that I didnt have to pay for.

My faith in VM restored, no more visits from the police and VM said they will undertake an urgent review of deliveries with UPS and consider what action should be taken in the interests of ensuring customer satisfaction.. (i dont know if this means find a big rug and sweep it under it but I Dont care i now have my Wireless N Router)

ThunderPants73
21-06-2009, 17:46
UPS are total crap, we were expecting a package the other week and it ended up in Wales.

WelshPaul
23-06-2009, 20:03
UPS are total crap, we were expecting a package the other week and it ended up in Wales.

Yep they are, 02 use them and you should check out their forums for some horror stories!