PDA

View Full Version : Is this a joke?

dcclanuk
25-05-2009, 10:49
Internet stops working, so reboot modem and router, and now I am back on 2mb!

So I was upgraded from 2mb to 10mb for a week or so, and they decide to downgrade me again? Someone please explain this..............

My connection:
cpc*-finc**-*-*-cust***.*-*.cable.virginmedia.com

:mad:

Not happy to say the least!

P.S. the config has changed to the 2mb one!

---------- Post added at 10:49 ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 ----------

Account says: Broadband package: 10Mb M

Agent47
25-05-2009, 11:22
it is a joke, VM are one big joke.

NoKnowledge
25-05-2009, 11:35
What does the speed test say?

dcclanuk
25-05-2009, 12:09
What does the speed test say?

2mb. Account says 10mb M, I was upgraded to 10mb, now everything is back to 2mb, config file, speed tests, netmeter suggests peak of 266KB/s......... argh, will do another reboot later to see if it fixes the problem, cannot do it now coz someone using the internet:mad:

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

Rebooted, still 2mb :erm:

joglynne
25-05-2009, 12:15
2mb. Account says 10mb M, I was upgraded to 10mb, now everything is back to 2mb, config file, speed tests, netmeter suggests peak of 266KB/s......... argh, will do another reboot later to see if it fixes the problem, cannot do it now coz someone using the internet:mad:

Have you considered posting your problem on the VM newsgroups they are UK based and should be there till 10pm?

Stuart
25-05-2009, 12:21

A typically helpful reply from you..

I'd suggest you call customer services.

Peter_
25-05-2009, 12:23
Call Tech Support now and they will check your account.

dannybear
25-05-2009, 12:28

Nothing new there lol

dcclanuk
25-05-2009, 12:35
Have you considered posting your problem on the VM newsgroups they are UK based and should be there till 10pm?

Never used them! Finish exams tomorrow, and I doubt this will be sorted out by then, so will figure out how to use them after exams lol

I am scared of calling CS as they might put me on BB L and then be unable to put me back on BB M. Will sort it out in a few days hopefully!

Peter_
25-05-2009, 12:37
I am scared of calling CS as they might put me on BB L and then be unable to put me back on BB M. Will sort it out in a few days hopefully!
They are their to help and Tech Support cannot change your package as we do not have that access to systems only Customer Services can do that.

Safeman
26-05-2009, 01:01
mine was playing up yesterday working so far fingers crossed

dcclanuk
26-05-2009, 18:16

Called customer services, then got transferred through to Tech Support.

First tried to determine if I was actually meant to be upgraded to 10mb in the first place:erm: But then my account showed it as 10MB M, so he said YES i should be.

The problem? There was no config file on my modem lol. I said I could see it at my end, and he said that is rubbish whatever u are seeing, coz u dont actually have a config file lol...

Anyway, a 20 min or so phonecall later, all sorted, back on 10mb M :dozey:

For the real techies, what he did was take my modem OFF the system, then put it back on so that i got a config file, and then it slowly came back to life :dozey:;)