PDA

View Full Version : trying to order a new mobile

jacks23
19-05-2009, 20:02
sorry if this is a bit long

My teenage daughter decided she wanted a new phone – some of the buttons have stopped working on her current phone. She decided on the Samsung Tocco. Her current phone is on the Liberty Sim £10 per month. When we originally took the Liberty Sim instead of putting it on her existing phone no. as requested they sent a new sim with a new no. I phoned and got it transferred to her existing no.

Friday 8 May – phoned virgin mobile to order a Samsung Tocco on the 18 month £18 contract. Gave bank details for direct debit and switch details to pay the £40 towards the phone that’s needed with this contract. Also made it clear this was to replace the existing phone, told the lady we wanted to keep the existing phone no. and queried what would happen about ending the existing direct debit, she assured me the new direct debit would take over on the “refresh date” (16th of the month). ½ hour later got an email to say we’d failed the credit check ! Phoned Virgin to be told it was because we were not allowed 3 contract phones ?!! We only have the one, all other phones (mine and my other daughters are PAYG). Explained again that new phone was a replacement and contract would replace Liberty contract, lady went away and came back and said its o.k. you can have 3 contract phones (still actually only want 1 but never mind !!) and that it was sorted.

Tuesday 12 May – no phone. Phoned Virgin mobile – no order showing on the account, nice lady understood the problem and said that the Liberty sim no. was still showing on the account although we transferred it to existing no. and never use it, she converted it to a PAYG no. and put me through to Sales. Ordered phone again, this time chap taking the order said I didn’t need to pay the £40 towards the phone as it would come off of the first direct debit.

Thursday 14 May – no phone. Phoned again to be told that there was an outstanding payment on the account which is why the phone hadn’t been sent – asked the lady if this was the £40 as I had volunteered to pay it, she told me I had been informed wrongly and put me through to sales again. Chap there told me, after going away and checking, that the order was showing as despatched (?)

Saturday 16 May – no phone my daughter had a text to say her Liberty bundle had been refreshed. If the phone ever does arrive does this mean we now have to wait a whole month to change it to the new contract ?? Also chap on Tuesday said that we couldn’t use it for international roaming for 3 months unless I put £150 credit on (no chance on a teenagers mobile !!) but on website it says this is for customers new to Virgin and we’re not new – this is assuming we actually ever receive the phone !!!!!

Tues 19th -still no phone - I've actually bought a different one on ebay on Sunday and if she prefers that I'll be phoning to cancel the order

getting really fed up and never had this problem when we had a Zavvi shop with a Virgin desk where you could actually go and see a real person !

chickendippers
19-05-2009, 20:21
Here is Virgin Mobile's complaints procedure: http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/genericContent.do?contentId=regulatory.policy.foot er.sm205

As far as I know there are no V Mobile employees here to volunteer to help you.

jacks23
19-05-2009, 20:54
thanks will try that, especially as I emailed the above to them on Saturday and apart from an automated reply haven't heard anything from them yet

Mick Fisher
20-05-2009, 02:24
Why bother with VM? They obviously couldn't care less and appear not to want your custom. :td:

I just bought a new PAYG Viewty from prepaymedia.com, think I got a good price @ £89.99. It was delivered by first class mail in 24 hours.

I had a problem in that LG had not supplied a software CD and so had occasion to contact them by email. I found them prompt, helpful and polite although they could not help me. :(

Eventually I found the software on the web and mailed them a link for the benefit of their agents and future customers. They took the trouble to send me a nice thankyou note. :)

I would deal with them again.

brennan420
21-05-2009, 11:34
if you talk to the uk call centre you will generally get a good service, but when you talk to sales team in the phillipines you probably won't get your order.

chickendippers
21-05-2009, 13:49
I wasn't aware V Mobile has a call centre in the Phillipines. I know they have UK and South Africa as it's mentioned on their website.

brennan420
21-05-2009, 13:56
Virgin have their main sales team in the Phillipines as well as a smaller sales team in the uk.

A call centre in johannesburg who can register your phone and top it up and the main call centre in trowbridge, wiltshire.