PDA

View Full Version : My Upgrade 'Experience'

SimonB1978
16-05-2009, 13:15
Where do I start..............

Ok so a month ago I had M BB and L TV. Decided to take advantage of V+ 49 GBP offer and am persuaded to take L BB, M phone and XL TV as it works out about 50 p more than just upgrading to XL TV.

I arrange to transfer my BT number etc, sit back and bloke comes to install.

First off he rolls up, seems to be the most rude person I have ever met, bodges the phone install so I have cables hanging down all over the front of the house then buggers off.

I then get my 'contract' and it has the wrong address, how can that be? It was right before the upgrade.

So as I am not happy with the quality of the install decide to complain, I take some pictures and forward these on, bloke comes out and tidies everything up not a problem.

As for the address issue, Im told will be updated and assume all is ok. Earlier this week my BB and TV go off as you see above.

I find out I have a new account but that in doing this my cable modem and box have been wiped off the system. Tech support register modem but the box can't be fixed. Earliest appointment is 23rd May from 11th May.

As for the phone line, well my number transfers from BT to VM network but is not ringing in my house, whose number do I have?

As you can expect Im getting wound up by this so contact Neil Berkett, lovely lady Ratna becomes involved, sadly gets sick and in her absence two other colleagues in the chief exec's complaints team promise to resolve but never call back despite promises.

I e-mail Mr. Berkett again outlining the issues and ask for Engineer to come out today, Ratna is back, and yesterday I am told an Engineer will come out today.

Engineer calls this morning, I will be with you around midday, get a call from Chief Exec's team to confirm.

Engineer arrives just after 12, walks in looks at box and says, oh yeah as you have been given a new account the box has been wiped from our system. Only issue is there has been a miscommunication, I have brought a V Box, I can't source a V+ box till Monday at 07:30. I reluctantly agree.

As for the phone, he goes out to the cab has a look and says my line has been put in the wrong slot. Makes amendment and I have my line back 8 days after it transfers.

I think I have experienced every issue VM can throw at me but the issues I know still to come are, the contract says I have been charged 99 GBP for V+ install, should be 49 GBP so have to get that sorted, I can no longer access my Virgin Media. I have lost my paper free billing discount as they have put me on a new account. Lastly, what compensation should I aim for, Im thinking at least 2 months free!

I am so exhausted with all this and cannot believe that someone at VM can transfer me to a new account without realising that this will cut off my services and negate the V+ box useless.

fireman328
17-05-2009, 14:47
Go better than that and cancel in favour of O2

chickendippers
17-05-2009, 15:47
The complaints procedure is outlined in the Code of Practice: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/legal/index.html

virgin_tech
17-05-2009, 19:07
sorry to here all about ur problems, this does happen quite often

the phone line lie they told you makes me laugh though, i here this every day, simply ur phone should work on the day it is installed u have been told an outright lie, the tech that came out to you told u after 8 days this is because he will not get is 7 days repeat against him, sorry to say ur phone will still not be on in 8 days,

we have whats called a 7 day reapeat, if you call back for any reason within 7 days this goes against our bonus, (even if ur not at home when we call, or fix ur phone and a remote breaks lol) and gives us a lot of headache in our 1 to 1, (ntl only care about stats and not customers), the 8 days and it will be on talk, makes me so angry...... ah well ill shut up moaning now

i do hope u get sorted soon....

oh btw, you got a normal instal, dont feel like its only you, all i can say hold tight and when its all sorted out you will have a good service ;)

SimonB1978
18-05-2009, 19:25
Thanks for the input folks.

I had the engineer back this morning with the second V+ as promised, sadly this one did the exact same thing. Rang his boss who said all V+ boxes in this area were taking a long time to hit so I should leave it on i.e. it was a network thing.

I said the box was doing the exact same thing as the previous one.

Anyway, he said he would call later with an update, apparently not the network after all, something to do with the way my account was 'set up' which they have now identified.

So he is back tomorrow at 07:30 with the 3rd box!! Fingers crossed.

Im pretty annoyed though as I had all the recordings set up for the Fawlty Towers specials and episodes and have now missed both..................plus all my other recordings.

Managed to get the HDMI cable they should have supplied originally too.

Ill keep my fingers crossed.

Question remains, why can someone not set your account up properly and then 'kill' two machines and no one at tech or higher up spot this issue.

Its a month since my original upgrade and in that time I have had 10 days tv and 3 days phone. At least the broadband has worked throughout.