PDA

View Full Version : new to virgin, lost my PS3 connection

AgnesNitt
10-05-2009, 17:40
I know this is something of a repetition, but I've tried a few of the suggested fixes to no avail; had our PS3 on wireless connection to an Orange Livebox, no probs. We've just changed to Virgin and hey look no connection. It's not getting the IP address. Short term fix, can I do a wired connection from the PS3 to the router (Netgear WGR614) without having to mess around with the cable modem - we need access to PS3 and computer at same time? They're in different rooms - prob need 15-20m of cable. Also if someone can offer long term (wireless) solution that a numpty can understand, that'd be excellent. Thanks.

Tezcatlipoca
10-05-2009, 22:07
:welcome:

Your "short term fix":

Yes. Just hook the PS3 to the router.

Wireless:

It should work... Don't specify an IP or anything in the PS3, just let it obtain one from the router automatically. Do you have encryption enabled? How are the router & PS3 configured?

BenMcr
10-05-2009, 22:33
Have you set up the router on a PC yet?

AgnesNitt
11-05-2009, 17:54
Thanks for your suggestions. The wireless router is up and running - have three computers all working well. The PS3 finds the network immediately too. I've tried the standard routine for linking with the PS3 - letting the PS3 search and find etc. but it stamps it foot and sulks when the connection is being tested - times out on finding the IP address. I've also tried entering the settings manually for IP address, DNS and so on . I haven't messed with any settings so I'm assuming both router and PS3 are standard factory defaults. Very frustrating when it was working perfectly well with Orange! :confused: