PDA

View Full Version : T-Mobile UK in crisis / Virgin Mobile.

bywater
03-05-2009, 22:23
Does anyone know how the news of T-Mobile UK being sold off will effect Virgin Mobile customers as I believe Virgin Media which is a virtual mobile company uses the T Mobile network. I was wondering how this will effect me. Will Virgin Media virtual mobile network be automatically transferred to the new owner of the network ?

:confused:

Peter_
03-05-2009, 22:27
Does anyone know how the news of T-Mobile UK being sold off will effect Virgin Mobile customers as I believe Virgin Media which is a virtual mobile company uses the T Mobile network. I was wondering how this will effect me. Will Virgin Media virtual mobile network be automatically transferred to the new owner of the network ?

:confused:
They will have a contract with T Mobile so will probably transfer to the new owner.

chunkeymonkey
26-05-2009, 20:10
They will have a contract with T Mobile so will probably transfer to the new owner.

Don't panic! T-Mobile aren't even up for sale yet! Don't believe everything you hear / read!

We have a commercial agreement with T-Mobile and that will not change. The deal is valid till June 2014.

Furthermore worst case would mean a change in network provider with little impact to our customer base.

This was on the cards before the deal with T-Mobile was re signed.

zaax
05-07-2009, 00:07
Will Virgin media be putting in a bid for T-mobile? It could give virgin over the air broadband speeds topping 100Mb/sec

Welshchris
05-07-2009, 10:41
i always thought Virgin used the Orange network

raybo62
05-07-2009, 10:45
i was always led to believe vm mobile piggy backs with orange ?

Russ
05-07-2009, 10:47
Nope, Tmobile.

Peter_
05-07-2009, 12:50

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

i was always led to believe vm mobile piggy backs with orange ?
It has always been T-Mobile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_Mobile

nodrogd
05-07-2009, 17:28

I remember some time in the not too distant past that NTL set up a mobile service in partnership with Orange, and I think Orange is still used by their company mobiles. I also remember NTL's product being somewhat overpriced for the market at the time.