PDA

View Full Version : selfcare

rijam
23-04-2009, 08:16
I get virgin installed on Saturday.I am trying to access Selfcare to manage my account online.It says when you go to it , enter your Virgin Media username and password as supplied in your welcome letter.The trouble is i an getting redirected to the site where it says enter your virgin email address and password

MovedGoalPosts
23-04-2009, 08:54
If the installation isn't carried out yet, your account is probably not yet activated.

Peter_
23-04-2009, 10:34
As Rob as already stated you will be unable to access https://my.virginmedia.com/dashboard/start till you have been installed because as yet you do not exist on the system.

Velcrohead
24-04-2009, 18:52
I get virgin installed on Saturday.I am trying to access Selfcare to manage my account online.It says when you go to it , enter your Virgin Media username and password as supplied in your welcome letter.The trouble is i an getting redirected to the site where it says enter your virgin email address and password
I am getting activated on Saturday too and have been trying the same until I saw the email entry section.
My question is, Will me and rijam be able to set selfcare up tomorrow after installation?, Or do we have to wait for a letter to arrive?.
I know when I had a cable modem years ago I just went to a certain website (which I still have, and it still works but wont let me do anything due to not being with Virgin yet) and I think you just entered some details and all was set up, Is this still the case?

BenMcr
24-04-2009, 19:01
I think this is still right:

When you get intstalled if you are in Bill Areas 01-18 will be able to access selfcare with information in the letter

Customers is Bill Areas 20-31 get to set up their username and password at BBI activation

The Bill Area is on your contract

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 19:01 ----------

In addition the username usually ends up being a Virgin e-mail address

Velcrohead
24-04-2009, 19:11
Thanks BenMcr,
I have none of that info, All I have received from Virgin so far is my DD confirmation.

BenMcr
24-04-2009, 19:34
If there any problems go to http://activation.virginmedia.com once your broadband is installed (or phone Tech Support)

Velcrohead
25-04-2009, 08:39
Brilliant BenMcr, Thanks for that, Roll on this afternoon.

Velcrohead
25-04-2009, 13:58
Well rijam, Hope all has gone well for you, I had mine installed an hour early today.
For BenMcr, I cannot sign in to 'My Virgin Media' is this because my info needs to propagate into the servers?.

rijam
25-04-2009, 16:07
Not gone well up to now.Size L tv and no access to the extra channels.Engineer rang when he installed and he was told all was ok and we would get them in a couple of hours.Still not getting,so rang virgin and they might have to send someone after 24 hours.We get error 1203.
Signed up to Broadband and entered email address and details , while engineer was here,but when i try to sign in to my account it says incorrect.
The engineer got the web page up where i entered my details,so how do i get to the address where i can enter my details again:confused:

Velcrohead
25-04-2009, 16:27
Not gone well up to now.Size L tv and no access to the extra channels.Engineer rang when he installed and he was told all was ok and we would get them in a couple of hours.Still not getting,so rang virgin and they might have to send someone after 24 hours.We get error 1203.
Signed up to Broadband and entered email address and details , while engineer was here,but when i try to sign in to my account it says incorrect.
The engineer got the web page up where i entered my details,so how do i get to the address where i can enter my details again:confused:

Sorry to hear that.
The link I used is from a couple of posts up
http://activation.virginmedia.com/
Although if your modem is working it wont work anymore, I know, I tried it.
I'm just waiting for my details to propagate so I can set up the 'My Virgin Media' part of the site.
Hope everything goes ok for you.

---------- Post added at 16:27 ---------- Previous post was at 16:17 ----------

I just tried sending an email to the address I made online with the engineer this morning and it bounced.
I wish it would hurry up.

rijam
25-04-2009, 16:42
Tried the link and it says good news it is registered,but when i try to enter the email address it says it is not on there records

Velcrohead
25-04-2009, 16:57
Ditto, The lady that rang me today did say it can take up to 24hrs to propagate.
Will wait and see, or I may get bored and ring them.

fireman328
25-04-2009, 17:48
Where is Ben McRee when you need him ?

Velcrohead
25-04-2009, 19:44
Where is Ben McRee when you need him ?

Being new here I don't know who thats is.
A Virgin employee I would presume?.

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:55 ----------

After having a look I gather Ben must be BenMcr, Duh.
My login is still not working, I'm going to watch some TV now and try again in the morning.

Peter_
25-04-2009, 20:06
Being new here I don't know who thats is.
A Virgin employee I would presume?.

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:55 ----------

After having a look I gather Ben must be BenMcr, Duh.
My login is still not working, I'm going to watch some TV now and try again in the morning.
Have you tried this link https://mysso.virginmedia.com/vm_sso/idp/requestAssertion.action?SAMLRequest=eJx9UVtPgzAU%2 Fiuk71ycLnHNYJkzRpJNl8H24Isp5QwKtMWeQvz54nDJNJmP5% 2FbdznzxKRunB4NCq5DceAFxQHGdC1WEZJ8%2BufdkEc2Ryaal y86WagcfHaB1hjuF9DQISWcU1QwFUsUkILWcJsvNmk68gLZGW8 11Q5wlIhg7EK20wk6CScD0gsN%2Btw5JaW2L1PcRmiNnBrxemE IoCblgHtfSj%2BNtsjps3pPk1WccvVwTJ34MSVVILXgpq7LO6q ys2yznFYeiKUECr2rFBva6OQ7buGWIooeQHFmD8N3BDmKFlikb kkkQzNzgzp1M05sZDab0dvZGnO2P%2FgehxlT%2BmPUuzWbjEt LnNN26u0G8AW5PIL3IwbwMFyG55pE4h%2FMnBjAy5k5PIs1F4P %2Fnzc4pk%2Bgaz9y%2FAI7G6vd7oy%2Bw5b1H&RelayState=http://localhost:8080/IIPSCVM_SSO/logon/sso/submit.do

Velcrohead
26-04-2009, 09:00
Have you tried this link https://mysso.virginmedia.com/vm_sso/idp/requestAssertion.action?SAMLRequest=eJx9UVtPgzAU%2 Fiuk71ycLnHNYJkzRpJNl8H24Isp5QwKtMWeQvz54nDJNJmP5% 2FbdznzxKRunB4NCq5DceAFxQHGdC1WEZJ8%2BufdkEc2Ryaal y86WagcfHaB1hjuF9DQISWcU1QwFUsUkILWcJsvNmk68gLZGW8 11Q5wlIhg7EK20wk6CScD0gsN%2Btw5JaW2L1PcRmiNnBrxemE IoCblgHtfSj%2BNtsjps3pPk1WccvVwTJ34MSVVILXgpq7LO6q ys2yznFYeiKUECr2rFBva6OQ7buGWIooeQHFmD8N3BDmKFlikb kkkQzNzgzp1M05sZDab0dvZGnO2P%2FgehxlT%2BmPUuzWbjEt LnNN26u0G8AW5PIL3IwbwMFyG55pE4h%2FMnBjAy5k5PIs1F4P %2Fnzc4pk%2Bgaz9y%2FAI7G6vd7oy%2Bw5b1H&RelayState=http://localhost:8080/IIPSCVM_SSO/logon/sso/submit.do

Just tried it and still nothing, I am getting naffed off now.
I suppose I will have to ring up, I sincerely hope I speak to a native English person, I have A LOT of difficulty understanding people from Indian call centres, And that is not an Indian bash, I just cannot understand what they are saying.
Anyone know of any phone numbers to try?
rijam, how are things with you?.

---------- Post added at 09:00 ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 ----------

Problem sorted, I was supposed to be getting an @virginmedia.com email, it was actually an @ntlworld.com email I had been given.
All working now.

Peter_
26-04-2009, 09:24
Just tried it and still nothing, I am getting naffed off now.
I suppose I will have to ring up, I sincerely hope I speak to a native English person, I have A LOT of difficulty understanding people from Indian call centres, And that is not an Indian bash, I just cannot understand what they are saying.
Anyone know of any phone numbers to try?
rijam, how are things with you?.

---------- Post added at 09:00 ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 ----------

Problem sorted, I was supposed to be getting an @virginmedia.com email, it was actually an @ntlworld.com email I had been given.
All working now.
Which email address are you now using @virginmedia.com or @ntlworld.com

rijam
26-04-2009, 10:51
Still no email here,but worse still no tv.Sound like they are just not too bothered when i ring ,so will ring back soon and tell them to get the tv sorted or i cancel.
I have the engineers phone number who installed it so i may ring him Monday,because he rang Virgin and reported the problem and he was told the tv would work later in the day.
Now when i ring they just tell me to turn off the box for 20 seconds,and the L stations will come on later

spiderplant
26-04-2009, 13:44
I have the engineers phone number who installed it so i may ring him Monday,because he rang Virgin and reported the problem and he was told the tv would work later in the day.
If you are still getting error 1203, you should definitely ring him. That is happening because of a fault, not because it hasn't been activated yet.

rijam
26-04-2009, 13:56
Rang Virgin again,sorted out email,technician is calling round tomorow to look into the tv fault.More than half the programes are not available

Gary L
26-04-2009, 14:18

I know someone who had internet and phone installed the other day. he told me that he went to an 'activation' page and was given a blueyonder.co.uk email when he had to set up his account and password.
Why not a virginmedia one?

Peter_
26-04-2009, 15:20
I know someone who had internet and phone installed the other day. he told me that he went to an 'activation' page and was given a blueyonder.co.uk email when he had to set up his account and password.
Why not a virginmedia one?
If you had checked out the Virgin Googlemail threads you would not be asking that question.

The first 20000 addresses where released to new customers on 14/04/2009 and they all went that day, the next stage is on the 14/05/2009 when all new customers only receive @virginmedia.com addresses.

Then over the next 12/18 months all existing email addresses transfer over to Virgin Googlemail and you then get the chance to have a @virginmedia.com email address.

Gary L
26-04-2009, 15:40
If you had checked out the Virgin Googlemail threads you would not be asking that question.

I don't read all the threads in the forum you know :)

Thanks.

Peter_
26-04-2009, 15:41
I don't read all the threads in the forum you know :)

Thanks.
Thats why I gave a quick overview.

Velcrohead
27-04-2009, 19:58

Sorry, Only just seen this message, I didn't get an email notification of it.
I am using the @ntlworld.com address, the @virginmedia.com one does not work.

Peter_
27-04-2009, 20:40
Sorry, Only just seen this message, I didn't get an email notification of it.
I am using the @ntlworld.com address, the @virginmedia.com one does not work.
At the moment that is the correct email address for you.

rijam
28-04-2009, 06:02
Technical called yesterday and got another new box and all is working

Velcrohead
28-04-2009, 06:34
At the moment that is the correct email address for you.

No problem, It's the only one that works.
Cheers