PDA

View Full Version : Contraception, right or wrong?

wackeviews
19-04-2009, 21:37
the big question debate

i have heard it,

god will back me all the way,

because these religious people are encouraging,

don't ware protection and go all the way.

a dilemma was put forward,

2 lovers with which one is aids infected,

the religion representatives still stood there ground,

to protect the other, they objected.

this row is a no brainer,

religion and beliefs are clearly wrong,

but has anyone got any back bone,

remember jesus christ did sacrifice for us all to belong.

disease and unwanted baby's,

are spreading like wild fire,

the devil is at work,

he is never going to tire.

i listened to the debate on bbc 1,

nicky campbell did present the same old story,

and unless religion dose update and adopt and protect,

the future dose look gory.

THE JOE IS THINKING < ANY GROUP OR FAITH THAT FEELS ITS WRONG TO USE CONTROCEPTION < WELL THEY ARE NOT WORTH FOLLOWING < SORRY <

Peter_
19-04-2009, 21:41
I take it you are trying to be our resident poet going by your other posts.:D

zing_deleted
19-04-2009, 21:47
THE JOE IS THINKING < ANY GROUP OR FAITH THAT FEELS ITS WRONG TO USE CONTROCEPTION < WELL THEY ARE NOT WORTH FOLLOWING < SORRY <

I as far as I am aware not many christian faiths are anti. Catholics are but that faith is based on a lot of outdated concepts that have nothing at all to do with biblical doctrine

Sirius
19-04-2009, 21:58
No issue with it.

wackeviews
19-04-2009, 22:16
i take it you are trying to be our resident poet going by your other posts.:d

have u been watching me moldova lol

lucy7
19-04-2009, 23:17
Ok.....so what is your actual point on this thread please?

rogerdraig
19-04-2009, 23:56
was wondering that too ;)

wackeviews
20-04-2009, 08:44
my point is simple and clear < it is wrong for anyone or any faith or religion to say contraception is a bad thing and should not be used < maddddd aint it

Russ
20-04-2009, 09:15
No it's not 'wrong' because everyone is entitled to their own views. An opinion which is unpopular does not make it 'wrong' so if that's your question you'll never get a legitimate answer.

Taf
20-04-2009, 09:44
It seems to me that some religious doctrine is all for population growth to increase their following so that they become dominant, or maintain dominance, in numbers.

wackeviews
20-04-2009, 09:48
yes everyone is entittled to there own view but if you are a follower of one of these religions and they are clearly saying its wrong to use controception and all deseases and unwanted pregnancys are on the rise < are they not shooting them self in the foot < you say its down to individual responsibilty but that is clearly showing people are not responsible and why is it so wrong if they carry on doing what they are doing but use protection ????????????

Saaf_laandon_mo
20-04-2009, 11:58
Just a quick note, you shouldn't have to hold down the shift key when you're trying to type in a comma.

Chris
20-04-2009, 12:15
I think there's an old mint imperial stuck under his ? key as well.

Saaf_laandon_mo
20-04-2009, 12:25
I think there's an old mint imperial stuck under his ? key as well.

The aniseed ones were my favourite.

rogerdraig
20-04-2009, 12:40
saying that contraception is going to stop you getting diseases is also a stupid thing to say too

though i can see nothing wrong in using it from a biblical point of view ( willing to discuss that if needed ;) )

i do have a problem with the word SAFE being used with the pushing of it too it may make sex "safer" than none but it doesnt make it completely safe in any sense of the word

also i doubt the many women raped in Africa wouldnt get much benefit from condoms either ! The problem in those countries has much greater complications to address, ranging from teaching respect to human life and moving from a reliance on having many kids to support the family and many many more ( that many ere may mention which may be even more important than those too )

Damien
20-04-2009, 12:45
Condoms have a very high rate of protection so it is ok to say it's 'safe'

LondonRoad
20-04-2009, 12:48
Should you put on the condom before you ask a girl out or wait until after dessert?

Russ
20-04-2009, 12:48

...if used *correctly* that is.

STONEISLAND
20-04-2009, 12:53
...if used *correctly* that is.

Thats true nothing worst than trying to put it over your head before intercouse.

rogerdraig
20-04-2009, 18:08

only if used properly and they wont protect you from lots of stuff unless you use them not just for full sex but oral ect and use dental dams

they really shouldnt be used as your only means of preventing pregnancy either

plus i guess from the start of this thread its not about pregnancy in this country but those third world ones

even with a free supply of condoms i dont think you will get very far the problem is much more complicated than some churches not backing contraception

it is the whole attitude the male population has there

Peter_
20-04-2009, 18:35
Thats true nothing worst than trying to put it over your head before intercouse.
Mine usually fit OK................................................ ....Oh that headDownload Failed (1) (http://smileyshut.com)

lucy7
20-04-2009, 19:54

My 25 year old was a result of using a condom!!

They break!!!!!

Peter_
20-04-2009, 19:58
My 25 year old was a result of using a condom!!

They break!!!!!
I hope you are not a catholic LucyDownload Failed (1) (http://smileyshut.com)

xocemp
20-04-2009, 20:22
I hope you are not a catholic Lucyhttp://smileyshut.com/smileys/new/Angels-and-Demons/saint-evil-0045.gif (http://smileyshut.com)

IIRC Lucy is a Jehovah witness :)

Peter_
20-04-2009, 20:25
I am pretty sure she is not catholic as they tend not call round to people so as you say either a Jehovahs witness or possibly a Methodist or similar.

moaningmags
20-04-2009, 20:33

Yup she is :)

lucy7
20-04-2009, 20:38
Shut up taking the mick!!!!!
I was married!

:);):)

and not a Jehovahs witness then!

moaningmags
20-04-2009, 20:51
I wasn't taking the mick:angel:, it was Moldova :p:

My youngest is 11 and I'll have been married 8 years this August but together for over 19yrs.

I have fond memories of Watchtower and Awake magazines, my mum always bought them and I always read them haven't for years though.

Contraception is definitely a good thing.

Stuart
20-04-2009, 20:57

Yes there is... Putting over your head after intercourse..

Raistlin
20-04-2009, 21:04
Yes there is... Putting over your head after intercourse..

:redcard:

lucy7
20-04-2009, 21:08
I wasn't taking the mick:angel:, it was Moldova :p:

My youngest is 11 and I'll have been married 8 years this August but together for over 19yrs.

I have fond memories of Watchtower and Awake magazines, my mum always bought them and I always read them haven't for years though.

Contraception is definitely a good thing.

I know Mags!

I can take it, coz I dish it out big time, only in light hearted banter though!!

(They are free now--magazines)

My kids all now are in sexual relationships, they use condoms and more, no chasity belts though! (They are not JW's)

Russ
20-04-2009, 22:17
Tenuously linked to this subject.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6161691.stm

Peter_
20-04-2009, 22:20
I know Mags!

I can take it, coz I dish it out big time, only in light hearted banter though!!

My kids all now are in sexual relationships, they use condoms and more, no chasity belts though! (They are not JW's)
I was not sure what religion you were but feel suitably chastised now Lucy.http://smileyshut.com/smileys/new/Respect/respect-050.GIF (http://smileyshut.com)

rogerdraig
20-04-2009, 22:43
I know Mags!

just to point out ;) that does not imply that we make our women wear chastity belts

( at least not unless it includes handcuffs in the game :angel: me lol )

lucy7
20-04-2009, 22:54
just to point out ;) that does not imply that we make our women wear chastity belts

( at least not unless it includes handcuffs in the game :angel: me lol )

:shocked:

Roger!!

Peter_
20-04-2009, 22:56
:shocked:

Roger!!
The cabin boy:D

lucy7
20-04-2009, 22:59
Tenuously linked to this subject.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6161691.stm

Oh golly gosh!

Just read that link, must admit I have heard that on the grapevine before though!

:)

Peter_
20-04-2009, 23:01
Oh golly gosh!

Just read that link, must admit I have heard that on the grapevine before though!

:)
A little bit rubbersh was'nt it.:D

rogerdraig
20-04-2009, 23:04
and exactly who do they think will go and get them and ask for a small size ?

lol

Peter_
20-04-2009, 23:09
and exactly who do they think will go and get them and ask for a small size ?

lol
They would be better with the larger one as then they could wash it outhttp://smileyshut.com/smileys/new/free-evil-grin-smileys-756[1].gif (http://smileyshut.com)

Gary L
20-04-2009, 23:29
"It's not size, it's what you do with it that matters,"

That's what I keep saying :)

TheDaddy
21-04-2009, 06:37
saying that contraception is going to stop you getting diseases is also a stupid thing to say too

though i can see nothing wrong in using it from a biblical point of view ( willing to discuss that if needed ;) )

i do have a problem with the word SAFE being used with the pushing of it too it may make sex "safer" than none but it doesnt make it completely safe in any sense of the word

also i doubt the many women raped in Africa wouldnt get much benefit from condoms either ! The problem in those countries has much greater complications to address, ranging from teaching respect to human life and moving from a reliance on having many kids to support the family and many many more ( that many ere may mention which may be even more important than those too )

All true, it'sinteresting that a lot of people accept Africans blindly follow orders about not wearing condoms, yet never asks itself why they don’t follow the rules on monogamous marriage.